Thursday, September 12, 2019

Hidden Secrets - for Lavinia World Challenges

It's time for challenge #9 at Lavinia World Challenges!  I am having so much fun with these awesome stamps, found in the Lavinia World Store, but first, let's go over the rules of the challenge:  you must use an acrylic or a rubber stamp (not digital). The theme is always Anything Goes. You do not have to use Lavinia Stamps, but it doubles your chances of winning the awesome $15 gift certificate up for grabs.  There are also Honorable Mention awards, all chosen by the design team.

I tried something a bit different for today's card --



I have had this Lawn Fawn cutting die forever, and have never used it. I thought it was time to see what it did.  Once I got it cut, I decided to use a different Lavinia Stamps image or sentiment in each of the windows, then blend it all together with distress oxide inks.    

I started with the sentiment  "Secrets are Hidden", stamping it with Versafine Clair ink in Fantasia, then using clear embossing powder over the top.  Next, I stamped with Versafine Clair in Summertime (and embossed with clear powder again) the image of Rory from the Darcy and Rory set.  The rabbit was next.  It is one of 3 from the Whimsical Hares set, stamped with Charming Pink Versafine Clair ink and headset with clear embossing powder.  Lastly, stamping it 3 different times because it was smaller and I wanted to fill up the space in the window, I stamped the Flutterby Miniature using Versafine Clair Golden Meadow and clear embossing powder.  

After all the stamping and embossing were done, I just needed to get busy inking. I used a variety of Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Inks to achieve the look that I got.  I used Victorian Velvet, Tattered Rose, Milled Lavender, Shaded Lilac, Broken China, Salty Ocean, and Squeezed Lemonade.

That's it for this card!  I hope you are loving these Lavinia Stamps as much as I am!  The stamps are magical, and it's such a treat to go back to when I used to play with inks, sprays, and embossing powders.  I can barely remember how to use it all!

Please join us this 2 weeks for our Anything Goes Challenge at Lavinia World.  Just make sure you are using an acrylic or rubber stamp -- no digital.  Thanks!

I'd like to enter this in the following challenges:
D.L. Art -- Sept. Linky Party
Crafting by Designs -- ATG
Crafty Creations Challenges -- ATG
Outlawz Crash Your Stash -- embossing Powders



8 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful, Julie!! I love the pretty colors and the way you've used the Lawn Fawn die to showcase images in each panel!! It's so gorgeous!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, colorful, sweet, and full of love! Julie this is a fabulous creation! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this fun card design. The stamps and colours you used are beautiful. Such a happy card!
    Happy crafting!
    Big hugs,
    ♥ Lena
    Lena’s Creations

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Julie!! Thanks for sharing on The Outlawz!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an awesome way to combine stamps and colors. Great work- I love it. Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous. LOVE those stamps...finally bought some Lavinia so have to try them out. Great background.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your beautiful card reminds me of a little girls fairy quilt! My youngest daughter loved fairies and would have loved this hanging on her wall in her room!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, let's looks for the hidden secrets! Such an adorable card! Hugs

    ReplyDelete