Sunday, May 1, 2022

Butterfly Sympathy Card -- For Dies R Us Challenges

It's the first of May, and it's time for a new challenge at Dies R Us Challenges. For the month of May, the challenges are "Anything Goes", as long as you use a brand of die sold in the Dies R Us Store

One of my  best friend's mothers died, and I needed to make a sympathy card.  I wanted it to be very special, because they were/are both such special ladies.  Here's what I created:



The butterflies are all from the same die set.  It is called Delicate Butterflies, by Spellbinders. I inked the base of the card and the wings of each butterfly with Tim Holtz Distress oxide ink in Picked Raspberry.   The gold 1/2 pearls are also from Spellbinders, and finish off the card. 

I hope you can join the Anything Goes challenge this next 2 weeks on the Dies R Us Challenge blog. A gift certificate to the Dies R Us Store, and 3 designer choice awards will be given out. 

If you live in Canada, check out Didi's Crafts for wonderful products and reasonable shipping.

 


6 comments:

  1. Beautiful sympathy card, Love the gold bodies of the butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your butterflies are gorgeous and I love the bit of gold!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous purple butterflies! Love the gold bodies! And, great touch with the pearls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very pretty. I'm sorry to hear about your friend's loss. That's so hard. I'm sure she'll appreciate the love and thoughtfulness that went into this card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea to use butterflies for a sympathy card. I love the foiled bodies and the added bling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card. I'm sure your friend will appreciate it. Love the gold accents, Julie. xx

    ReplyDelete