Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Just a little "Note" for DigiStamps4Joy

It's time for some mid-challenge inspiration at DigiStamps4Joy. The current challenge, hosted by Sharon, is "add wings".  I love birds, so this was a fun one for me!
 I used the digi called, "Chirp" on this card.  I believe he is a European robin, but I wanted him to be a bluebird.  So he is.
I used a technique I've been wanting to try, applying Tim Holtz Distress inks with a makeup sponge directly to the digi image.  Then, I fussy cut around it.  I also used Distress inks and a sponge on a diecut circle behind the digi, and cut a slightly larger circle behind the inked one.  I was going for a shabby chic look, so everything was sanded heavily and/or inked.
Papers are by My Mind's Eye.  The feathers and the fabric covered button are from Pinque Peacock. The sentiment stamp is from Unity Stamp Company. 
I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:
613 Ave Creates -- Sights, Smells, sounds of Spring
Catered Crop -- Put a Bird on It
Hobby Cutz Challenges -- Flora and Fauna
Stamping Sensations -- use dies &/or punches (I used 2 dies)
Sunday Stampers -- Nature
D.L. Art -- Thankful Thursday April Linky Party
Just Be Creative Crazy -- April Just Because Linky Party
Sister Act Card Challenge -- ATG
Di's Digi Designs -- Welcome Spring (used springtime colors in this card)
Stampin' for the Weekend -- Spring Colors

8 comments:

  1. Isn't this just amazing. I love the colors of your bird and the burlap swirl is perfect with this design my friend. Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeous, lovely colouring. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Challenges 4 Everybody.
    Hugs
    Cathy DT Member
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card, gorgeous image and design..Thanks for playing along with us at Di's Digi Designs this fortnight
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty Digi and a wonderful card.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes April Linky Party. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.
    dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous project! Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never tried digi stamps before but you have inspired me to start. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your creation is lovely Julie and just perfect for our Dies and Punches theme, thanks so much for sharing your creativity with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x (I have a Grand Calibur to be won here )

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely Card, Thank you for joining in at Ditzie Digi Design Have a great day and Keeeeeeeeeep Crafting Katie DT xx

    ReplyDelete