Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Adventure Jamie & Maddie -- Coloring Without Boundaries

I'm so excited about this new undertaking, Coloring Without Boundaries!  Lacy Sunshine images, tutorials, and lots and lots of coloring!  I can't think of anything I enjoy more!  Today, I'm sharing the Lacy Sunshine digi, Adventure Jamie & Maddie.  I'll show you the finished colored image first, then take you through my coloring process, step by step.  I used Copic markers throughout.



 First, skin -- I wanted Jamie's skin to be more ruddy than Maddie's.  I wanted Maddie to have that peaches and cream look to it.  With that in mind, here are the colors I used.  Jamie's skin -- E50, E53, E33.  Maddie's skin -- E000, E31, E21, R20.  Eyes -- I use as many colors in the eyes as I can fit in.  I think it adds depth.  Jamie's eyes -- E53, E55, W1.  Maddie's eyes -- B00, B24.

  

Next, I color the hair.  Jamie needed a hair color to match his pretty brown eyes.  Maddie needed a hair color to go with those vivid blue eyes.  Jamie's hair -- E31, E42, E44.  Maddie's hair -- E50, Y21, YR24

Skin & hair done.  On to the clothing and vine! 

These 2 looked like they were on a safari-type adventure to me, so I colored their clothing in jungle colors.  I colored the vine with enough contrast that the viewer could distinguish vine from people.  Colors listed below.


Jamie's hat & jacket -- YG 91, YG93, YG95, YG97
Jamie's hat band -- YR21, YR24, YR27
Maddie's Jacket & hat band -- B32, B34, B37
Maddie's hat -- E93, E95, E97, E99
Vine -- YG21, YG23, YG25, E30, E31, E34
Flowers -- RV52, RV55, RV66
Jamie's pant -- E21, E23, E25
Jamie's belt -- E30, E31, E33
Buckle -- C1, C3
Jamie's boots -- BV20, BV23, BV25, C01, C03, C05
Maddie's pants -- YR20, YR24, YR27
Maddie's boots -- BV000, BV01, BV04, C01, C03, C05


I hope you join the Coloring Without Boundaries Facebook Group. Show us what you've been coloring!  I'd love to see it!  You'll want to visit the Lacy Sunshine blog frequently for tutorials and tips on coloring, including favorite color blends.  You're bound to learn while having fun!  What could be better!

4 comments:

  1. This is so cute, Julie! This would make a fun anniversary card! Thanks for the coloring tutorial. Hey, have you been over to Outlawz Challenges…….they posted the January winners. You might want to check that out if you haven't already. wink, wink! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Such an adorable image and you have coloured them fabulously. Thanks for sharing how you did this.

    Hugs Jen xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant card, love the image and colouring!!
    Hugs Donna xx
    Kraftyscot Handmade Crafts

    ReplyDelete