Monday, February 15, 2016

I Ruff You! -- for Path of Positivity

It's the 15th of the month, and time for some mid-month inspiration at the Path of Positivity Challenge blog.  The challenge theme this month is "Desire".

Our sponsors this month are Ike's Art and Scribbles Designs.   This time, I worked with a great image from Ike's Art called Labrador Stick.

This was my husband's Valentine's Day card from our Golden Retriever, Sophie yesterday.  The inside read, "I love you more than a big stick, or a tennis ball, but maybe not more than treats or food, but I really, really do love you."  It was signed, Princess Sophie.

If you know a dog who likes big sticks, or obsesses over tennis balls, it truly is desire.  Life stops when the tennis ball comes out.  There is nothing else.  One of our former dogs would chase a ball for hours, stopping only when food was offered.   That, my friends, is desire, as seen through the eyes of a dog.

This card base was cut out on my Silhouette Cameo, using a cutting file I found in the Silhouette Design Store.  I used several oval Spellbinders dies to cut out and mount the image (colored with Copics).  The sentiment is a stamp from Close To My Heart.   The sequins are from Craftin' Desert Divas. 

I hope you can join us this month at Path of Positivity for our theme, Desire.  You have until March 8 to link up.  We've got great prizes, and I'd love to see what you create!

I'd like to enter this in the following challenges:
Critters & Creatures Link up Party -- ATG with a critter
Come and Get It Challenges -- Love is in the Air

6 comments:

  1. Julie, this is so precious! My dog would agree….chasing toys and playing is a strong desire, but it doesn't compare with treats! ; ) I'm sure your husband loved it!
    Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card. Cute puppy. Thank you for joining us at Come and Get It this week. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card, beautifully designed. The sentiment is so cute and perfect for this cute puppy!
    Thank you so much for playing along in my Critters and Creatures Linky Party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this and your coloring is wonderful, great design and darling image. Thanks for sharing with us at the Come and Get It challenge, hope to see you again. Barb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card and the image . Thank you for sharing your wonderful project with us at Come And Get It challenge.Neva

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely card!
    Thank you soo much for taking part in our "love is in the air” challenge over at Come and Get it.
    Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

    Hugs,
    Melanie
    (DT Penny's Paper Crafty Challenges)

    (DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

    (DT Come and Get It)

    (DT Crafty Friends)

    ReplyDelete