Saturday, June 4, 2016

A Flamingo Summer -- for Great Impressions Stamps

Happy weekend, fellow stamp lovers!  I have a fun summertime card to share with you today, and I'm also sharing on the Great Impressions Stamps blog.

I broke out the watercolors to create today's card because I wanted a 'watery' look to it all.



This card uses H287 - Floating Flamingo, and C366 - Hello Summer.  I stamped both H287 - Floating Flamingo and C366 - Hello Summer onto watercolor paper.  Then, I broke out my new Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pen and a water brush and got busy.

I created the rocking base using my Silhouette Cameo with a file I found in the Silhouette Design Store.  The sun is also a cut file from the Silhouette Design Store. The stitched dies are from Craftin' Desert Divas. Designer Papers are from Carta Bella.

We have a new challenge starting tomorrow at Great Impressions Stamps Challenge blog, so join the fun!

Check out all the wonderful stamps in the Great Impressions Online Store.

Great Impressions Stamps is sponsoring House of Cards Challenge Blog.  They are having an End of Term blog hop, and a challenge.  I made this card to support their challenge, using this picture for inspiration:



I'll be entering this in the following challenges:

House of Cards -- photo inspiration
Let's Color Linky Party -- ATG
IDCB -- ATG
Not Just Cards -- ATG
D.L. Art -- June Linky Party -- ATG
TTCRD -- ATG
Outlawz Twisted Thursday -- Animals 



11 comments:

  1. haha, this is such a cute and fun card with that relaxing flamingo soaking up some rays! i love the colours, shape and the tiny palm trees in the background paper. thank you so much for playing along with the blog hop this month at house of cards!
    linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun card from the shape to the wonderfully colored image. Thanks for sharing with us at House of Cards

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, I love his (or her) flip-flops! Thanks so much for joining us at HOC this month, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super fun card, love the flamingo and wonderful shape!
    Thanks so much for sharing!!

    Ellie
    Let's Color Linky Party
    Critters & Creatures Linky party

    ReplyDelete
  5. How adorable and love the shape. Wonderful papers and turned out to be a great summer card. That Flamingo is something else. Thanks for joining us at Twisted Thursday.
    Hugs Pat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julie, I LOVE LOVE LOVE this fabulous card! The shape is awesome, your coloring is beautiful, and I adore the added die cut sun! Thank you for joining us at House of Cards! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what a fun fun card - and love the water with your water color crayons. Have to get me a die cut sun - especially for summer. Great design and thanks for joining us at HOC challenge this month. Shirley H.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable flamingo Julie I love it. Great coloring
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes JUNE Linky Challenge. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.

    DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
    DL.ART crinkle ribbon
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
    http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jajajaj Es una bella tarjeta de Verano! Super divertida... Gracias por participar con nosotras en HOC! Enjoy. Paula

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the fun colors in your card! Thanks for playing along wih us here at House of Cards!
    Take care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is one seriously cool and quirky stamp! I love it. Thank you for joining the House of Cards Challenge June theme. Thank you for entering and I hope we see you enter again next month Karen P (HOC DT)

    ReplyDelete