Wednesday, July 3, 2019

God Bless America -- for Bugaboo Stamps

It's Wednesday, and it's usually a Humor Me Wednesday post on the Catch the Bug Blog, but since tomorrow is Independence Day here in the US, I'm posting a patriotic card instead.  I haven't gotten more and more patriotic as I've aged, finding more and more reasons to love my country, and more specifically, the people that make up this country.  So, in honor of the land I love:



God Bless America!

In my small town, we have a huge celebration on the 4th of July.  It's the annual Liberty Fest.  I'll be helping the nursing home get the residents outdoors to see the parade.  Our town of less than 2000 people draws a crowd of over 10,000 to watch the parade.  There's a beach party, bands throughout the day, a softball tournament, a horse pull, a tractor pull, an arts & crafts fair, and of course, fireworks in the evening.

I used USA Flag Puppy on this card, colored with Copic markers. Isn't he the cutest?  I love that expression on his face!

The background of stars was created with a die from Avery Elle. The sentiment was computer generated.

There will be other Humor Me Wednesday ideas on the Catch the Bug Blog, and I'm sure some of them will be humorous.  I hope you hop on over to the Catch the Bug Blog and check out all the talent there.  

And, to let you know about the upcoming fun at Bugaboo!  Take a look at this:
I'd like to enter this in the following challenges:
Papercraft Challenge -- stars
2 Crafty Critter Crazies -- ATG with a Critter
Outlawz Festive Fridays -- your national flag
D.L. Art -- July Linky Party

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful holiday card Julie. Enjoy the 4th today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it. Your pup is so cute.
    Thank you for joining the DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes JULY 2019
    Linky Challenge. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.

    DL.ART
    https://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't he just adorable? Great card! Thanks so much for joining with us this month at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies!

    ReplyDelete