Thursday, December 19, 2019

Let It Snow! for Lavinia World Challenges

Thursday!  Less than a week 'til Christmas.  Are you ready?  Of course you're not! We never are, but we get through it year after year!  Thursday -the 3rd Thursday of the month, so it's time for a new challenge over at Lavinia World Challenges, where challenges are always Anything Goes as long as you use a rubber or acrylic stamp.  Of course, we love to see those Lavinia Stamps the best!  You can also enter your projects in the Anything Lavinia Facebook Group, but these require Lavinia Stamps &/or papers.

I wanted create something that would look as magical as the world outside my window.  We have a fresh blanket of white snow here in NW Wisconsin where I live, and very little in life is as pretty and sparkly as the sun on that fresh fallen snow.  Fresh fox tracks across my front lawn were the impetus behind today's project:

I used a Lavinia paper to begin my tag -- it is called "Silence".  It is currently out of stock, but should be back in stock soon.  They are about 3 inch by 8 inch, so it worked well to cut it into this tag shape.  Once I got the tag cut out, using a die by Paper Wishes, I thought the Fox 1 (Kernal) would work well. I stamped the Fox 1 with VersaFine Clair Nocturne ink. Then, to balance out the tag, I stamped the Small Fairy Fir Tree (LAV489),  stamped with VersaFine Clair ink in Shady Lane.  Then, all was left was adding a sentiment.  I used an Elizabeth Craft cutting die for the sentiment, and some retired Close To my Heart fibers to finish it off.


Lavinia World products used on this tag:





I'll leave you with one more view of my snowy scene:

Let it snow!

I hope you join us at Lavinia World Challenges &/or at Anything Lavinia, where you could win a $15 gift certificate to use in the Lavinia World Store


I'd like to enter this in the following challenges:
D.L. Art -- December Linky Party


4 comments:

  1. Hi, Julie! I so enjoyed your post today - your description of the scene outside your window does sound magical and lovely! Isn't it amazing how full of Love a person can feel when they appreciate the beauty of Life no matter where they live? Even cloudy days reveal their beauty, and my heart is brimming with the appreciation and love that you have described today. Your tag is gorgeous! Thanks for the tips about using that size as a tag. It's a beautiful scene! Wishing you a beautiful Christmas season. hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tag is gorgeous Julie! That paper is on my list and I love that you added a fox. I bet it's wonderful to see fox walking across your yard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful, Julie! I didn't realize the details on the fox's chest and tail until i saw your tag.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie this is stunning. I have to play more with my Lavinia stamps, and you definitely give inspiration.

    ReplyDelete