Monday, April 5, 2021

It's Bird Chirping Weather -- For JDS Challenges

 It's the first Monday of the month, and that can only mean one thing -- it's time for a new challenge at Jan's Digi Stamps Challenges (or JDS Challenges). Challenges are absolutely Anything Goes -- knitting, glass etching, scrapbooking, woodworking -- we want to see it all!  There is a gift certificate for a project using a Jan Mahew image, and another random winner each month. There will also be 3 designer choice awards. Awesome!

Jan had several new releases in March.  One was called Springtime, and it's what I used to design today's card.  One of my favorite parts of spring is having the birds return.  I eagerly await the first robin, the first loon on the lake, and the first bluebird.  We have bird feeders and bird houses throughout our property.  So, I really love this new Springtime set, with its bird and birdhouse theme.  There are black & white and precolored versions available.  I used the black & white on this card:


I picked up some inexpensive alcohol markers by Diamond Press, and used them on this project.  You get what you pay for.  I don't recommend them.  Their shading was terrible.  The light orange looked brown, and was darker than the medium and dark shades.  I was very disappointed with them.   After suffering through coloring the birdhouse and bird from the Springtime set, I fussy cut them both out.  The sentiment is also from the Springtime set. I used a set of Spellbinders label dies to cut it out and back it.

I made the slimline card using a slimline cutting die from Tutti Designs. 

I hope you join us this month at JDS Challenges.  I'd love to see what you create, and I'd also love to see you have a chance at the 2 gift certificates.  Use a Jan Mahew image to increase your chances! 


No comments:

Post a Comment