Wednesday, October 16, 2024

Spoooky! For The Paper Shelter

 Boo!  Read on to see one of the few Halloween cards I've made and posted this spooky season.  It's The Paper Shelter's challenge #614.  The theme is Halloween or Halloween colors.  It's starts today and runs for a week.

There are many wonder The Paper Shelter Halloween images in the TPS Store

I created my card this week with the super cute Halloween image, Spoooky! 

I colored Spoooky! with Copic markers, then fussy cut the cutie out.  The purple background paper that looked like I spent hours making with various mixed media techniques is actually an 8x8 pice of designer paper from Crafter's Companion.  The die cut bats are from Crafter's Companion also. 

I used stitched oval dies from The Scrappin' Cottage.  I cut the largest oval out of the card base (card stock from Taylored Expressions).  I found a matching orange color (card stock from Concord & Ninth) and made the lighter orange frame, then glued this to the oval card front.  Lastly, I taped a 5 1/4 x 4 inch piece of the purple paper to the inside of the base.  The card front was constructed.  

The finishing touches included popping the Spoooky! image up on foam tape, taking it to the inside of the oval, die cutting and attaching the 3 bats, and adding foam tape to the sentiment (from Waffle Flower) and adding it to the lower left corner. 

I hope you like my Spooky card and are inspired to enter the Halloween challenge at The Paper Shelter this week. Here's a graphic explaining the prizes. 

Thanks for visiting my blog!


No comments:

Post a Comment