Friday, September 13, 2013

Inspired by Sunflowers for Friends With Flair

Happy Friday, everyone! I hope you've had an enjoyable week.  We've been working short-staffed at work.  No, I've been working short-staffed, so I'm very glad for the weekend.  I hope to catch up on some rest and some crafting this weekend.
I painted some sunflowers last weekend, and they've been sitting on my craft desk.  I had some other things on my desk I put together to make this card:


The "Fall" word shape is a cutting file from The Cutting Café, found HERE. It comes with a word shaped card also. I cut the word shape out on my Silhouette. The sunflower stamp is a retired one from Close To My Heart.  I used Creative Inspirations Paints in Mellow Yellow, Sunshine, and Mocha Latte on the flowers, and Evergreen, and Emerald on the leaves. The "Celebrate" sentiment is from the Unity set I use the most, "Happy Everything".
Papers are by Little Yellow Bicycle, Acorn Hollow (both 12x12 and 6x6 papers).  I used two different colors of Viva Décor Pearl Pens on this card -- Sunny Yellow and Copper.
I hope you enjoyed my Fall inspiration.
Do you like pirates? Looking for some inspiration for the upcoming Halloween season?  I'm hopping tomorrow with the Pinque Peacock Artists and Creators and I'd love it if you'd stop in for a visit.  I'm showcasing Unity stamps again.  And, there's prizes to be won!
I'm entering this in the following challenges:  Creative Inspirations Paint -- Inspired by Fall
Sister Act Card Challenge -- anything goes
D.L. Art Thankful Thursday -- anything goes
 
 

23 comments:

  1. Hi, Julie! Great fall card. I love the Happy Everything set, too! Very user friendly! Hope you are having as lovely of a fall day there as we are here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Julie! What a pretty cheerful card! Love the touches of sunflowers on the word Fall. Thanks for playing along with Friends with Flair! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya friend!!! Great card! really loving the colors, and that flower?? wow!!! Hope you get to have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so gorgeous I love the flowers. Your colors a perfect for fall.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes September Linky Party. Have a great day
    DIANA L.
    dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Helloooooo Julie happy Friday woohoo!
    Your gorgeous card and Sunflowers are just what the doctor ordered..beautiful work!
    Wishing you a really great weekend and take it easy.
    Big hugs
    Tracy
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is beautiful. I like the combination of stamping and die cuts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful card! hope work calms down a bit for you soon
    -Rachel w k
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. this card is so full fun. I have fun time looking at it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty card, Julie! It would be awesome to meet up with you in point but my schedule is nuts this week! Bummer!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Julie this is lovely! Hope you get a good weekend and get some good rest :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Julie! What a great card. I love the colors and the embellishments you used to make your card really pop. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love th "FALL" cut with the sunflowers and sweet sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope you get some well deserved rest, Julie! Thanks for stopping over to my blog. My lab is fine after her screen experience. Today is drywall demo and dirt. We sent her on a days vacation to be safe. LOL! Our temps are in the 40's this morning, so I sure appreciate your wonderful Fall card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Get some rest I love the pearls on this card

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fabulous fall card! Hope you were able to get some rest this weekend - and that there'll be more helping hands next week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is such a nice Fall card! Thanks so much for crafting with us over at the Sister Act Card Challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete