Saturday, September 7, 2013

Silhouette Challenges #5: Welding Letters

It's time 
for another Challenge here at

A blog dedicated to the Silhouette Cutting Machines.
You MUST use a Silhouette somehow in your project.




Ch# 5 Welding Letters
Begins: Sunday, September 1
Ends: Monday, September 30

Sponsors this month are:

My Scrap Chick
Prize: $10.00 GC


My Crafting Channel
Prize: $15.00 Amazon GC


Little Scraps of Heaven Designs
$15..00 GC

When I first read about this month's challenge, I knew immediately what I wanted to do.  I wanted to weld two shaped together to make a card.  I do this often with my Silhouette -- it's one of my favorite Silhouette techniques.  So, I went about finding the perfect shape to duplicate and weld.  I found this cute dog in the Silhouette Store that I thought would work perfectly:
 
 I loaded the shape into the studio software, offset it, duplicated it in a mirror image, then welded the tails together.  I used Echo Park card stock on the  card.  I was so pleased with myself!  Then, I went back and read the challenge again.  "welding letters".  Geesh.  I sure do make a lot of work for myself sometimes!  So, I found a font I liked, typed 'woof', offset it, welded the offset letters together to make the word bubble, then cut the original letters out individually.  There.  Done!  And a pretty dog-gone cute dog shaped card, if I do say so myself.
Check out the other inspiration from the Silhouette Challenges DT, then do some welding of your own.  Save yourself some time and read the rules first! Thanks for visiting today! 

2 comments: