Saturday, April 6, 2019

Tulip Square Spring Card -- for Dies R Us

Spring greetings, fellow crafters!  I'm on the Dies R Us Inspiration Blog today. Signs of spring are showing up where I live -- the birds are returning, the snow is melting, and there are some buds on trees.  It won't be long and there will be springtime flowers.  Those flowers were the inspiration behind today's card:


I began this card by making the basketweave background with a stencil.  I picked up the stencil from the Dies R Us Store on one of the special purchases weekends.  Look for these special products in the newsletters and emails, and in the Special Order section of the store.

I used Washi tape to adhere the stencil to the card stock, then used 3 shades of similar inks on the stencil so they would blend nicely. 

Below, the stencil has been removed from the paper.  Inking is complete.

In the picture below, I trimmed away the portions of the card stock I didn't want, getting it ready for the card base.  I also included a photo of the brush I used for inking:

The next step was die cutting the tulip.  I cut it multiple times to get all the colors I needed. Here's a photo of all the supplies and the tulip with the die cuts.

Once that was done, then all I needed to do was use the Best Glue Ever to glue all the pieces together to construct the card.  I left it without a sentiment, not being sure whether I'd use it for a spring card, an Easter card, a get well card -- who knows?  It's appropriate for many occasions, don't you think?

Dies R Us supplies used on this card:
by Sue Wilson


Don't forget to come join in the fun at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog.  There's a new challenge theme offered on the 1st and 15th of each month and one lucky randomly drawn winner will receive a gift voucher prize to the Dies R Us Store.  For your convenience, all the important Dies R Us links are provided below.
click below for:

I'd like to enter this in the following challenges:
D.L. Art -- April Linky Party
Polkadoodles -- ATG
Lemon Shortbread -- ATG
D.L. Art Thankful Thursday -- Anything Spring

6 comments:

  1. Julie, another great die card. That tulip is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful spring card. Love the tulip and colour combo. Thank you for playing along at Polkadoodles Crafting https://polkadoodle.blogspot.com/, good luck!
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Julie! I am on the waiting list for that gorgeous tulip die! I just love it! Your card is put together in such a way that it is truly a feast for the eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful spring themed card, love the colours. Thank you for sharing your beautiful make with us over at Polkadoodles and hope you will join us again.

    Take care
    Ann-Marie (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty Julie, I love how you filled in the cutout die area with another color!!
    Thank you for joining the DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes APRIL 2019 Linky Challenge. Have a blessed day, my friend
    DIANA L.

    DL.ART
    https://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really pretty. I love the colours . Thanks for sharing with us at Polkadoodles. HUGS Fleur xxx

    ReplyDelete