Friday, December 9, 2016

Hope! an MHKDesigns New Release

Hope is a thing with feathers.  Or, as Emily Dickinson says,  "Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul - and sings the tune without the words - and never stops at all."  

One of my all-time favorite poems!  It's also the theme of today's New Release at MHKDesigns.  Hope is also what keeps me as a cancer patient going.  There's much hope in this whole process.  I took great satisfaction in creating today's card using the MHKDesigns Fanciful Feathers stamp set


I super sized one of the feathers in the set (there are some amazing ones!) so it would be the focus, then added the sentiment in big, bold letters so it couldn't be missed.   I wanted the feather to be bright, cheerful, full of vibrant life.  Papers on this card are MHKDesigns Fully Feathered digital papers




The wooden bird is from Close To My Heart.  The dies used on the card are from Craftin' Desert Divas.  

There's still one more day of New Releases at MHKDesigns.  You'll find them all in the Etsy Shop here


7 comments:

  1. Beautiful...I love that you added the bird :) Hugs...Janie

    ReplyDelete
  2. How inspired! Your coloring is gorgeous and I love the little bird!!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful card, and very special, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the papers you layered together here, Julie! That feather is a total WOW factor, too! Amazing card, friend! Thanks so much for all your hard work for this month's release at MHKDesigns! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how you added that little birdie embellishment. Nice job! kren.kurts at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete