Monday, December 14, 2020

Cardinal Noel -- For Ching-Chou Kuik Digital Stamps

 It's Monday, and this is my day to post for the Ching-Chou Kuik Inspiration & Challenge Blog.  I feel so privileged to have the opportunity to work with these gorgeous works of art!

Today is the first time I'm using one of Ching-Chou Kuik's greyscale images.  I have to admit to being intimidated by it.  I wasn't sure what medium to use with it.  I originally thought I'd use watercolor, then decided at the last minute to go with colored pencils.  They are never my strong suit, so I'm not sure what possessed me, but I'm laying my soul bare here!

Here's Greyscale Cardinal:



I think it was the fact that there was so much real estate to color that intimidated me so much.  The cardinals were the easy part!  It was choosing colors and filling in all the rest of it that was the tough part for me!  But here it is.  After all is said and done, I will go for another greyscale image at some point.

The pretty paper behind the Greyscale Cardinal  is from We Are 3 Digital Shop. It is one of the Fairy Holiday papers.  The "Noel" sentiment is from The Scrapping Cottage. 

I hope you join in on the "Happy" Challenge at Ching-Chou Kuik.  For another challenge, and more inspiration, check out the CCK Facebook group



I'd like to enter this in the following challenges:
Make My Monday -- Christmas Themed Card
Crafty Calendar Challenge -- Christmas

3 comments:

  1. Love your beautifully coloured image you had no need to be worried, thank you for joining in at MMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful holiday card! Your cardinal turned out great. Love the details. Thank you for playing with us at the MMM Challenge and hope you can play along again soon. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you did with this image. This is so beautiful. Nice work.
    Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's ArtWorld. We hope to see you again.
    ~ Annette CT -

    ReplyDelete