Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Forever Yours -- for Dies R Us Challenges

 It's the 15th of the month, and I am hoping you had a lovely Valentine's Day.  I had to start the day at the dentist.  Not the most romantic way to get the day going, but it was nice to get my teeth cleaned. 

It's time for a new challenge at Dies R Us Challenges. The theme is Valentines/Love.  Use a die sold in the Dies R Us Store, follow the theme, and you are all set to link up. 

My husband and I recently celebrated our anniversary, and this was the card I made him for the occasion:

I did both some inking and some paper piecing on this Create-a-Card die from Crafter's Companion.  It's called Forever Yours. I inked the trees, fence, flowers, and hearts using Tim Holtz Distress Inks. I paper pieced both outfits. I tied the swing to the tree using some jute twine from May Arts. Although you can't see it in the picture, there is a piece of clear acetate that I used for the card front.  The scene is glued to it to give it stability. 

I hope you join us these next 2 weeks at Dies R Us Challenges for our Valentines/Love challenge.  Valentine's Day may be over, but we can always send some love around. 



7 comments:

  1. This is wonderful and would be perfect for so many occasions. That Crafters Companion die set is now on my wish list :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a darling card with the couple on the swing! A wonderful sweet card with awesome dies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet scene. It takes me back in time and memories of a scene like this in my real life. Great design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a sweet card. Happy Anniversary to you and your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A perfect card for you anniversary, great paper piecing too, love her pretty dress!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great anny card..hope you had a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely card that brings back so many memories for most of us :-) So sweet and romantic. Great walk down memory lane. Happy Anniversary to you and your hubby!
    Lena xx

    ReplyDelete