Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Just Because -- GD for The Sisterhood of Crafters

This is my second and final post guest designing for The Sisterhood of Crafters.   I have enjoyed my experience very much!
The theme this time is paper piecing &/or piercing.  My card has a bit of both:
The image is a digi from Sandi's Samples. It was printed 3 times.  The base was colored with Copic markers.  Two of the layers were fussy cut, then glued on to the base.  Paper piecing achieved!  The paper piercing around the edges was done with dies by Lawn Fawn.  
The papers on this card and the sentiment are from Close To My Heart.  The tie dye crinkle ribbon is from 3 Girl JAM. The butterfly was cut out with a die from Cheery Lynn.
I'd like to thank Darlene Pavlick and the rest of the Sisterhood of Crafters design team for the opportunity to be a Step Sister this month.  It's been great fun!
I'd like to enter this in the following challenges:
D.L. Art -- February Linky Party

6 comments:

  1. Julie, this is a beautiful card that just has to make you happy with the pretty and cheerful colors!! Love the entire design! Thank you so much for being our February step-sister, we loved having you and hope to see you back in some of our challenges..we have a DT call out, too!!
    Diane TSH DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card Julie ... so uplifting (which we can all use about now! lol)! Great job of paper piecing AND piercing ... love it! We were so thrilled to have you joining us as our February Step Sister ... please don't be a stranger! Like Diane said ... we have a Full Time DT Call coming March 1st. Please give it some consideration! Thanks again and HUGS from OHIO!!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Julie I love the wonderful vibrant colours, the papers and image are so delightful, the paper piecing and piercing look fantastic, super make.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you paper pieced this, Julie. The polka dot watering can is darling and those flowers are so pretty too. I just now received a die set with faux stitching...I always did my piercing my hand. I love the look of piercing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty and springy!! I love it.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes February Linky Party. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete