Saturday, October 13, 2018

So Grateful -- for Dies R Us

Greetings, fellow paper crafters!  Today is my first post on the Dies R Us inspiration blog!  Woohoo!  I'm so excited! 

I love shaped cards!  If you're a regular visitor to my blog you'll see many shaped cards. You can use many different dies to make shaped cards.  Follow this post, and I'll show you how.

First, the finished card, then how I did it --



Here's  the supplies I used (more details later):


I created the card base using the largest Spellbinders die.  Pictured below is how I did it.  
Notice that I left one edge of the die hanging off the paper, which is already folded in 2, like the card base.  I like to use washi tape to hold my dies in place.  You can easily remove it after you run it through your die cutting machine.

Here's the card base after it's cut out.  I cut out another piece of paper using this same die and tape it over the top, hiding the flat edge on the left.  

Here's the card again!  A fun shape, easily constructed.

Supplies found in the Dies R Us Store:



Don't forget to come join in the fun at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog. There's a new challenge theme offered on the 1st and 15th of each month and one lucky randomly drawn winner will receive a gift voucher prize to the Dies R Us Store. For your convenience, all the important Dies R Us links are provided below.
click below for: STORE CHALLENGE BLOG FACEBOOK INSPIRATION BLOG FRIENDS OF DIES R US PINTEREST PAGE

I'd like to enter this in the following challenges:
D.L. Art Thankful Thursday -- Thank you card

1 comment: