Sunday, August 15, 2021

Summer Heron -- For Dies R Us Challenges

It's the 15th of the month, and it's time for a new challenge at Dies R Us Challenges.  The challenge will run for the next 2 weeks, and it's Anything Goes as long as you use a brand of die sold in the Dies R Us Store

I live near a small lake.  There are Great Blue Herons and Green Herons on the lake everyday. I am often struck by how graceful these birds are.  They were the inspiration behind today's card...

I started with a Deco Swirl Frame die from Crafter's Companion, and built up from there.  I cut one layer of the die out with black, then another layer of the die out with a paper from We Are 3 Digital Shop's Canvas Scenes papers

The heron is a die from Poppy Stamps. It's called Graceful Heron.  I inked the embossed areas with some Antique Linen Distress Ink. I also used Old Paper Distress Ink around the edges of the card (another piece of Canvas Scenes papers). 

If you are from Canada, Dies R Us has a sister store, Didi Crafts, with great products, prices, and shipping rates.  Check it out! 

I hope you can join us this next 2 weeks for our Anything Goes as long as you use a die sold in the Dies R Us Store Challenge.  There will be a gift certificate awarded, and 3 designer choice awards. 


I'd like to enter this in the following challenges:
D.L. Art -- August Linky Party

6 comments:

  1. What a lovely card Julie! The art deco design is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card and. I love that Deco frame die. (It's now on my wish list :-).)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely interesting card!! Love the deco frame die!! And, the blue heron is very pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous. Love, love that deco frame die. Going on my wish list for sure :-) Love the colours you used. The heron is just the perfect as the focal point of your card.
    Lena xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome card...I love herons too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty and elegant card! We live on water too and have a resident blue heron that visits daily, it drives my dog nuts lol!
    Diane DRU DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete