Sunday, May 27, 2018

Friendship is the Sweetest Flower

It's Memorial Day weekend, and our 2nd 90 degree day of the summer.  Some summers, we can go all summer without hitting 90, so this is very unusual.  It could stay this hot for a few more days yet.  Yeesh!

I have a card I created today while staying cool in my air conditioned craft room.  I made it using Craftin' Desert Divas products and Tim Holtz distress inks -- some of my favorite products!  

I'm going to send this to my best friend, who recently moved to Idaho.  What do you think?


I started by making the card base using 4 distress inks and blending them together.  I blended 2 greens - Mowed Lawn and Shabby Shutters (I shouldn't argue with the great Tim Holtz, but I don't think he's found the perfect green yet), then Picked Raspberry and Salty Ocean.  After hitting them with a heat gun to dry, I stamped the delightful sentiment from the Craftin' Desert Divas stamp set, Friendship

I stamped the delightful hedgehog image from the Friendship stamp set on Xpress It paper, colored it with Copic markers, and fussy cut it.  I used a circle die from the Craftin' Desert Divas Stitched in Circles Die set.  The sun, colored with Squeezed Lemonade Distress ink, is another circle die from the Stitched in Circles Die Set



The butterflies were on my desk and seemed to add the final touch I was looking for. Plus, I can now enter this in The Outlawz Twisted Thursday challenge (use a butterfly)  :)

Craftin' Desert Divas is having a design team call, and I've decided to try my luck.  This card is one of my entries for the call.  Wish me luck!

I'd like to enter this in the following challenges:
Outlawz Twisted Thursday -- Butterflies
D.L. Art -- May Linky party
Stars Stampz -- No squares Allowed
AUD Sentiment -- Summer plus a sentiment
TTCRD -- ATG


3 comments:

  1. Just so cute! Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments, good luck and hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous. Love the background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute image. i'm sure your friend will be thrilled. and i think i agree with you with regards to green :). thank you for sharing it with us at TTCRD and good luck, Theresa xx

    ReplyDelete