Friday, May 25, 2018

Just Walkin' in the Rain -- for QKR Stampede

Friiiiiii-day!  The last Friday of my working career!  It hardly seems possible that next Friday, June 1, I'll be retired.  Wow!

Friday also means it's time for a new challenge at QKR Stampede Challenge Blog, where the weekly challenges are always 'Anything Goes'.

I've been having fun with distress inks lately, and I used a rainbow of colors for the background of this card, using a sentiment from QKR Stampede called In the Rain (Q-digi13904):



I printed the In the Rain sentiment first, sizing it large, to be the focal point of the card.  Then, I got out my Tim Holtz Distress Inks and chose those that fit the colors of the rainbow (remember Roy G. Biv?)  I inked the entire 5.25 x 4 card front with the colors of the rainbow, then spritzed it lightly with water to form some raindrops on it.  

The die used on this card is from Peachy Cheap, and is part of a set of spring dies that I purchased last year.

I had a great time getting inky and making this card!

I hope you are inspired to link up with us this week at QKR Stampede Challenge blog.  I love to see what everyone creates, and we have great digis you can win -- like this one!  



I'd like to enter this in the following challenges:
The Outlawz Sunday Rhymes and Songs -- May 20, Somewhere Over the Rainbow
Word Art Wednesday -- ATG
IDCB -- ATG
An Inky Mess -- Anything Mixed Media Goes
Baustel-traum -- rainbow colors
Shoppingourstash -- April Showers Bring May Flowers


3 comments:

  1. Great background and a wonderful die. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab background!
    Thanks for joining the crew at SHOPPING OUR STASH for our "April Showers Bring May Flowers" challenge this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, CONGRATS on your retirement, if I am reading that correctly! Thank you for sharing this at SOS, and with all your new-found time, join us this week for our CONGRATS challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete