Saturday, January 1, 2022

New Year's Resolution -- Whatever the Weather, Enjoy it!

 Happy 2022, my blog friends!  I really don't make new year's resolutions, but it seems like a good idea to try to be more like my dog this year.  No matter what the weather is, he just enjoys it!  Since he and I are outdoors for hours everyday, I might as well adapt his philosophy!  As my boy Winter would say, "Whatever the weather, whatever!"

Today isn't just the start of a new year, it's also the start of a new month, which means it's the start of a new challenge at Dies R Us Challenges.  Challenges will be a little different this year.  Every other month, they will be Anything Goes, and then the next month, there will be a theme.  We're starting out the year with a month of Anything goes to ease us into the changes.

Snowmen have the right idea about winter -- just enjoy the snow while it lasts.  So, to go along with my new philosophy, I created a snowman card for today's challenge....

I started by inking my background with Distress Oxide inks in Victorian Velvet, Villainous Potion, Shaded Lilac, Dusty Concord, Spun Sugar, and Kitsch Flamingo. Then, I constructed the snowman.  It is a die set by Karen Burniston. Then, I created the snowbanks, using Lawn Fawn Stitched Hillside border dies. The inked background and pink layer were cut out with Memory Box Wrapped Stitched Rectangles.  The "Let it Snow" sentiment is by Crafter's Companion

The pretty snowflake paper on the base of the card is by We Are 3 Digital Shop.  It is one of the Winter papers

I added some snowflakes on my inked background with a Sakura White Gelly Roll Pen. I used a Viva Decor Anthracite Pearl Pen on the eyes and mouth. I piece of ribbon from Really Reasonable Ribbon tied like a scarf finishes off the the card.

I hope you join in on our Anything Goes challenge at Dies R Us Challenges. It will run for 2 weeks.  I'd love to see what you create!


8 comments:

  1. Great card and philosophy. Love the colors you've chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love this, the colors are fabulously pretty!! Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet snowman! Love the ribbon scarf and beautiful colors of blue and purple! Wishing you a healthy happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Julie! What a bright and cheerful card! It makes me happy just to look at that adorable snowman! Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty card! Love the sweet snowman and the colours you chose to showcase him. This card will definitely put a smile on the recipient's face.
    Happy 2022!
    Hugs,
    Lena

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is totally adorable, and the colors are fantastic!! I love the tones of blue and purple together, your stunning background and all the shine. Beautifully done Julie! Happy New Year to you sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE theses colors! What an awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such fun happy colors and great snowman scene. Great texture and dimension.

    ReplyDelete