Sunday, June 6, 2021

Books are Magic -- For Lil Patch of Crafty Friends

 It's the 1st Sunday of the month, and it's time for a new challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends. The challenges are always Anything Goes, and it will run for 2 weeks.  For the next 2 weeks, we have the awesome sponsor, Ching-Chou Kuik!  I adore the art of Ching-Chou Kuik,  so it was pure pleasure for me to "work" with these images.  Besides, I was just waiting for an excuse to color up this particular image that I received.  This is Lil Bookworm Fairy



I'd be hard pressed to pick a favorite CCK image out of all of them I've collected, but this would surely be in the top 5.  I am an avid book reader, so it tugs at my heart.

I colored Lil Bookworm Fairy with Copic markers.  I cut her and and backed her with dies by Spellbinders, inking around the outside of the die with Wisteria ink by Close To My Heart.  The background paper is by Crafter's Companion.  The sentiment was computer generated.  The crinkle ribbon was from my stash. The tiny cat die is from my stash, but I believe it originates from a Crafter's Companion Advent set. 

I hope you are able to join our Anything Goes Challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends.  I'd love to see your creations, and you could win a wonderful prize from Ching-Chou Kuik, and pick wonderful digis, like this one!



I'd like to enter this in the following challenges:
D.L. Art -- June Linky Party

6 comments:

  1. Julie, this card is amazing! The image is perfectly colored and gorgeous purples. Love it!
    Hugs, Joy
    JoyWilsonInk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute little girl fairy with her pile of books. Beautiful coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Julie.
    Love your colouring and the background.
    Lou xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous project Julie. Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.
    Wendy DT Member for https://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I completely understand the dilemma of picking a favorite CCK image, but you've made this one into a stunning card! ~ Hugs, Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous card Julie!

    Love the background paper with the books on it too and the sentiment with the little kitty die, what a fabulous card!

    Hugs,
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete