Saturday, March 23, 2019

Sympathy Rose - Color Challenge for Bugaboo Stamps

It's Saturday, and it's time for a new challenge at Catch the Bug Challenge Blog. Today, we start a color challenge.  They are always a bit intimidating for me.  I love a sketch challenge -- I find they are a great stepping stone for my creativity.  A color challenge, though, stifles me.  I spend way too much time wondering if I'm staying within the guidelines, and not enough time enjoying the creative process.  So, perhaps color challenges are good for me?

I recently needed a sympathy card, so I decided today's theme would work well for making the card.  Using Rose Circle from the Mini Rose Set and the March Color Challenge (see below), I created this:



I colored the Rose Circle with Copic markers, then use a couple of circle dies to cut it out and back it.

Here's the color challenge mood board I used:

I probably spent as long looking for the right papers as I did coloring up the Rose Circle.  I found this flower paper in my stash.  I've had it forever, and I don't know where I got it.  I think it's part of a card kit from Spellbinders (both patterned papers).  The sentiment is from Craftin' Desert Divas.  The gold shimmer trim is from Close To My Heart. 

I hope you can join us this next 2 weeks for our color challenge at Catch the Bug.   I bet you are way better at these than I am!  I'd love to see your creations so I can better learn the process! 

I'd love to enter this in the following challenges:
AUD Sentiments -- Any sentiment but 'Happy Birthday'
Jo's Scrap Shack -- #274
QKR Stampede -- ATG
Outlawz Festive Friday -- Spring Flowers


4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful red rose!
    Thanks for sharing at Jo's Scrap Shack!
    Blessings,
    Christine
    DT Member
    https://withaverygratefulheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie, beautiful card and you did great working with a colour challenge! :)
    Thank you for participating in Jo’s Scrap Shack Fun-Day Friday Challenge this week. :)
    ~Rianna / RiCre8s DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely card,

    Thanks for playing along at Aud Sentiments,

    Hugz Tinz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie that rose is beautiful and a wonderful layout.

    ReplyDelete