Friday, June 20, 2014

A Patriotic Firefly? for My Scrap Chick

Looking for Unity Friends with Flair?  Please click here:
Hello, crafty friends.  It's Friday! And I'm posting today for My Scrap Chick.  I've always liked fireflies.  When I was growing up, we couldn't go barefoot until the fireflies were out, so they were a sure sign of summer. So, when I found this firefly pattern in the My Scrap Chick store, I got very excited! (it can be purchased separately, or part of the Bugs & Things & Dragonfly Wings set).  Since we're approaching Independence Day, I made it a Patriotic firefly.  Why not?


The flag the firefly is holding is from the  My Scrap Chick Patriotic Family set.  The design of the card uses a sketch from My Scrap Chick Card Essentials Volume 2.
Papers for this card are from We R Memory Keepers (designer paper) and Close To My Heart (card stock).  The sentiment is from Close To My Heart.
I hope this puts you in a patriotic mood!  God bless America!

1 comment:

  1. The light bulb for the tail.... ummmm....can we say SO CUTE?! Great thinking to make it patriotic colors too. Adorable, just adorable...fireflies remind me of being a little girl too, Julie...such fond memories of chasing them around barefoot.

    ReplyDelete