Monday, June 2, 2014

Celebrating Fathers

If you're looking for the Fitztown Googly-eyed post, please click HERE!
There's a new challenge that starts today on the Eureka Stamps blog.  The theme this week is "Father's Day". Having recently lost my father, I haven't been too excited about this holiday, but I do need a card for my father-in-law.  So, I used a couple great stamps from Eureka Stamps to create this:

I used Digi36003 (thank you Dad) for the sentiment and digi11903 (Stars & Ribbon frame) for the frame.  I colored the frame with Copic markers.  I used a scallop punch along the lower edge in a matching color, added some sequins from Bella Creationz, rounded a couple corners with my Corner Chomper, mounted it on some Kraft woodgrain paper from Studio Calico, and the card's a wrap!
I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
All Sorts Challenge -- For the Guys
Di's Digi Delights -- Make it Masculine
Hiding in My Craft Room -- Freestyle (ATG)
Less Is More -- More than one Stamp
Delightful Challenges -- It's a Guy Thing

14 comments:

  1. I really love the font on this sentiment, Julie…very snazzy! Your card is great and I'm sure your father in law will appreciate the love you put into his hand made card. I'm sure this Father's Day will be a challenging one for you…big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Father's Day card!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  3. Superb Dad card and lovely vibrant colours and layout.
    Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie, I understand about not being too excited about Father's Day, but your card turned out great. I'm so glad to be serving with you on the Eureka Stamps DT.

    Peggy T.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card Julie
    Margaret x (Guest Designer LIM)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fantastic masculine card. Love your design! Just simply wonderful. Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Delightful Challenges.
    Denise
    DC-DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful Father's Day card!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. great card
    Thanks for joining us at Less Is More
    Jen xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, and awesome Father's day card.
    Thanks for joining us over at HIMCR for the challenge.
    Lisa
    ljcreation.blogspot.com
    HIMCR DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card for your FIL Julie
    Thank you for joining us this week at Less is More
    Anne LIM Designer

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts 'For The Guys' challenge and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is really nice. Thank you for playing along with us at Allsorts this week and we hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I understand perfectly where you are coming from - I too have a hard time making Father's Day card as my dad passed away about ten years ago. But now I have my son and son-in-law who are such wonderful fathers. Thank you for sharing this beautiful sentiment - I think it is just what I'm looking for. Thank you so much for sharing your gorgeous creation with us for our Masculine Challenge at Digi Designs! Dee

    ReplyDelete