Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Christmas in June -- really!

I'm making one a month, and I need about 50.  Hmm.  Not enough months in the year.  I'm talking about Christmas cards.  But, hey, it's a start!  Here's a card I made for the DigiStamps4Joy monthly Christmas challenge, using this month's free digi:


I colored the image with Copic markers, then added some Stickles to the mailbox and tops of fence posts to make it look like sparkling snow.  I folded the paper over at the top of the snowglobe, then cut through both layers, leaving a bit of a fold at the top, creating a shaped card.
I have a giveaway going on, celebrating several events: I wrote my 500th blog post this week, I'm close to 400 followers on my blog, and I have 100 "likes" on my Facebook page, Muddy Paws & Inky Fingers.  To celebrate all those things,  I'm having a giveaway:  I have some Timeless Twine, some 3 Girl JAM ribbon, a Unity stamp set, a Close To My Heart stamp set, some Pinque Peacock embellishments, a 6x6 paper pad, and various embellishments that I need a home for. I also have two generous sponsors:  DigiStamps4Joy is giving a $10 gift certificate to the store, and The Cutting Cafe is offering any 3 sets.  WOW! If you'd like to be eligible to win, please leave a comment on any of my blog posts between now and July 6.  I'll draw a winner on my birthday.  It's my day, and you get the present!  I'd also love it if you "like" my Facebook page and follow my blog, if you don't already. 
Have fun!
I really liked this month's image, and am quite sure I'll use it for more card this Christmas.  Thanks, Margy! I can't wait to see what July's image will be!
I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:
DigiStamps4Joy Christmas Challenge -- June Linky
Merry Monday Christmas Challenge -- Sparkle Shimmer or Shine (used Stickles Glitter Glue)
Squigglefly -- one layer card
Digi Choose Day -- Anything But a Square Card
Holly Jolly Christmas -- Lots of Sparkle
Artistic Inspiration -- ATG -- One Layer Card



20 comments:

  1. I'm loving this image too, Julie. Snow globes are so magical aren't they? This is wonderful....hope you reach your 50 card mark in time...just about 6 months left. I actually made my first christmas card this week. A lil behind schedule..go figure. Have a happy day today sweet lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute. I admire you for getting such a head start on Christmas.
    slrdowney at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable - love the snow globe-shaped card! Thanks so much for playing with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely card, thanks for sharing it with us at Digi-Choosday xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is so pretty, I love snow globes. I love the name of your blog. We have muddy paws and inky fingers, too. :) Thank you for joining us for the Squigglefly challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, you can never go wrong with Stickles and the shape is awesome. Thanks for joining us at Digi Choosday. Wendy (DT).xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Christmas!! Pretty card!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always love seeing snowglobe cards! Great job, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this shape card, Julie! Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday. I am a new follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card, what a fun shape. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I love this! Snow globes are so fun and snow globe cards just make me smile BIG! Adorable card my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice card. Love the snowglobe. Thank you for joining us at Holly Jolly this week. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love snow globes and love that you shaped your card as one! Awesome design! Thanks, Julie, for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful coloring. Seems you need about 40 more months this year. Can you imagine how long winter would be then?!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great job getting started on your Christmas cards so early! This is so pretty and I love the sparkle! Thanks for playing in Squigglefly's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yeah same here i have probably been doing one a month, until the last couple of days which i have made 8 christmas cards, never done that before in June!
    Lovely card by the way, thanks for joining us at Artistic Inspirations. Louise DT x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this shaped card! Snowglobes are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very cool one layer card! Love the Christmas theme and your super coloring. I have got to get in gear and do more Christmas cards - thanks for the inspiration. Also thanks for joining us in the Squigglefly challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Julie this is gorgeous and so beautifully coloured. Love the globe shape. Thank you for taking the time to use this month’s free Christmas image. You have automatically qualified to receive next month’s Christmas image for free, which will be emailed to you at the beginning of July.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Digistamps4Joy Christmas Challenge Co-ordinator}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cute card! This was a fun image to play with

    ReplyDelete