Thursday, June 5, 2014

I've Been Wanting to Try One of These!

Card in a box here, card in a box there.  I've been seeing these adorable card in a boxes everywhere.  Today, for The Cutting Cafe, I had a chance to make one.  And, they are as much fun as they look!
I have a few different views of my very first Card In a Box from The Cutting Cafe.


The fun part about these cards is they fold flat and fit in an envelope for mailing.  This is the large box.  The Card In a Box cutting file has two sizes and two envelopes that come with it.  There's also a Card in a Box Embellishment set that I used on the card.
Here's a side angle of the card in a box.

I did some stamping on it, because I love to stamp.  The stamps are from Unity Stamp Company.  The set is called, "I Ruff You".  I plan to give this card to my BFF.  We're both huge dog lovers, so it needed to have a dog theme to it and these stamps were just what I needed for the card. Here's a close up of the stamped images:

These cards are so fun because they can be embellished many different ways.  Here's a closeup of the embellishments I added, all from the Cutting Cafe's Card in a Box Embellishment Set,

The pretty yellow button in the center of the flower is from Pinque Peacock.  It's a 3/4 inch fabric covered button.
I bought the papers at my LSS for $3.00!  They are a 6x6 stack from DCWV.  The box itself, cut on my Silhouette, is made from white Close To My Heart cardstock.
This may be my first card in a box, but it's definitely not my last.  You've got to try one of these!

19 comments:

  1. OOOOOOOOOOOOOO LALALALA...LOVE THIS CARD IN A BOX...and the colors are awesome to

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's on my list of things to try too, yours turned out wonderfully!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully done!! Love your card in a box :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fresh and fun. Love this happy project. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty. I'm sure that your BFF will love it! Hugs~Patti

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is cute, your BFF is gonna love it! I've seen a few of these ideas around but had no idea they folded flat, super cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute! I haven't attempted one of these yet but this is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a great creation, Julie! I love the bright colours and all the fun little elements. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never heard of a card in a box until now...I likey! Yours is great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card, Julie. I have been wanting to try this but haven't found the right inspiration. Love the Unity image and sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That paw print in the heart makes this just perfect. I enjoyed making these, also!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just WONDERFUL ! I've never tried one of those, they intimidate me, but you totally ROCKED it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cute! You know I love box cards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cool. Love the final result. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the paper you used and that fabric button is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What an awesome card, I love it! Very, very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my gosh, Julie. This is wonderful! What great colors and papers you've used here. That yellow button is awesome and the paw print heart is just so YOU. I have been wanting to try one of these too! I gotta get busy.

    ReplyDelete