Sunday, June 29, 2014

A Summer Hummer -- for Timeless Twine

June is winding down, but we're still using Firecracker Twine on the Timeless Twine blog and the June Color Challenge is still going on for another day. 

I love the new Bella Creationz June embellishment kit Stacy has made, and hope she has plans for many more!  
Here's what I created with it today:

Almost everything I used on this card is part of the embellishment kit -- designer paper, stamped images from the Hello Summer stamp set, journaling card, sequins, twine (of course!),  & ric rac.  The only things NOT part of the kit were the card base, a flat back pearl for the hummingbird's eye and the hummingbird die.  The paper I used to cut out the hummingbird was part of the kit.  The die is a Cheery Lynn die.
The twine I used on this card is Red, White, and Aqua Twine.

I have a giveaway going on, celebrating several events: I wrote my 500th blog post this week, I just reached 400 followers on my blog, and I have over 100 "likes" on my Facebook page, Muddy Paws & Inky Fingers.  To celebrate all those things,  I'm having a giveaway:  I have some Timeless Twine, some 3 Girl JAM ribbon, a Unity stamp set, a Close To My Heart stamp set, some Pinque Peacock embellishments, a 6x6 paper pad, and various embellishments that I need a home for. I also have two generous sponsors:  DigiStamps4Joy is giving a $10 gift certificate to the store, and The Cutting Cafe is offering any 3 sets.  WOW! If you'd like to be eligible to win, please leave a comment on any of my blog posts between now and July 6.  I'll draw a winner on my birthday.  It's my day, and you get the present!  I'd also love it if you "like" my Facebook page and follow my blog, if you don't already. 
Enjoy the rest of June!

I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Craft-Dee Bowz Challenge -- ATG with a Homemade Bow
Incy Wincy Designs Challenge -- things with wings

13 comments:

  1. Perfect for summer. Love this color of twine and the hummingbird die you used.
    slrdowney at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty card! I love the hummingbird die you used, and how all the papers and twine from the kit coordinate so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card! Love the hummingbird die and this is one of my favorite twine color combos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on 400 followers and a Happy Birthday soon! Your card is so pretty and I really like the hummingbird! Great job with using the kit and the challenge.
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that hummingbird die - so striking. Thanks for joining the wings challenge at Incy Wincy Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a very pretty card! How is the flooding up by you? Hope all is well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! The colors are amazing and I love the humming bird die!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful creation, love the colours & the hummingbird looks perfect!

    Thank you for sharing with us at Inky Impressions this week, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A fabulous card Julie, a great design and lovely papers......your elements are gorgeous!!

      Thanks so much for joining Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
      hugs
      Heather xx

      Delete
  9. What a great mix of embellishments and great color choice. Thanks for joining the Craft-Dee BowZ June challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Summer! Love this hummingbird...I haven't seen one yet this year in my yard...my butterfly bush is suffering a bit this year. I hope it perks up. I love to see the hummingbirds at dusk. Great job using up that embellishment kit!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card! The colors in your card match that twine perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this! What an awesome die! So pretty

    ReplyDelete