Saturday, June 28, 2014

Food -- You Gotta Love This Challenge! for 3 Girl JAM

Today starts a new challenge on the 3 Girl JAM Challenge blog. The theme is a fun one!  Food! (and all things food related).  Here's what I created for a little inspiration on the challenge blog today:
I found this cook's apron card cutting file in the Silhouette Online Store and thought it would work perfectly for the challenge.  I used October Afternoon papers on the card to give it a retro feel.  
The tie around the neck?  3 Girl JAM jute string, of course!
Please join the food related challenge at 3 Girl JAM -- it goes all month!

I have a giveaway going on, celebrating several events: I wrote my 500th blog post this week, I just reached 400 followers on my blog, and I have over 100 "likes" on my Facebook page, Muddy Paws & Inky Fingers.  To celebrate all those things,  I'm having a giveaway:  I have some Timeless Twine, some 3 Girl JAM ribbon, a Unity stamp set, a Close To My Heart stamp set, some Pinque Peacock embellishments, a 6x6 paper pad, and various embellishments that I need a home for. I also have two generous sponsors:  DigiStamps4Joy is giving a $10 gift certificate to the store, and The Cutting Cafe is offering any 3 sets.  WOW! If you'd like to be eligible to win, please leave a comment on any of my blog posts between now and July 6.  I'll draw a winner on my birthday.  It's my day, and you get the present!  I'd also love it if you "like" my Facebook page and follow my blog, if you don't already. 

Now, if I could only remember what those utensils are used for....


I'd like to enter this in the following challenges:

Fairies Challenges -- Summertime
Lia Stampz -- Summer Fun
The Doodle Garden -- Summer Lovin'
Chocolate, Coffee, and Cards -- Summer Days
Crafty Catz -- ATG
Daring Cardmakers -- No Scissors Please (used my Silhouette)
Creative Craft Cottage -- Digi/Flowers
Digi Choose Day -- Anything But a Square Card
Sweet Pea Stampers -- shaped card




19 comments:

  1. An awesome take on the food theme Julie. Love the apron shape. A great card for a guy too.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooohh Julie! That turned out great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute. I like the stripes and the pocket.
    slrdowney at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card! Love the apron shape and the jute string for the tie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your apron card is awesome!

    Stay Creative,
    Georgiana
    • Carson's Creations •

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a novel project! t'hanks for entering the CCC DIgi Challenge
    Maxine
    DT, CCC Digi Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fab creation...
    Thanks for sharing with us at CraftyCatz this week.x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely shape card good for a mans card thanks for sharing with SPS this week Rachel dt

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a very cute project. Thanks for taking part in the Daring Cardmakers challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card, thanks for sharing it with us over at CCC Digi Creations.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely make. Thanks for joining us in our Anything but a Square Card challenge at Digi Choosday
    Anjie (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh I love this...my DH celebrates his birthday tomorrow and i wish I had this to give him. He's the total grill master around here! So fun Julie...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi! This is so cute! What a great idea! Love it! Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Catz! Ingrid xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. That would make a nice dinner invitation! Thank you for playing along with the Daring Cardmakers this week.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great card, fab idea for a summer card! Thanks for sharing with us at Digi-Choosday xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great design x Thank you for joining us over at Chocolate, Coffee & Cards Challenge. Good luck, Hugs Samantha K x

    ReplyDelete