Friday, November 29, 2013

A Barrow of Blessings -- for Creative Inspirations Paint

Happy Friday, everyone.  I hope you had a very blessed Thanksgiving.  We have much to be thankful for, don't we?
I'm posting today on the Creative Inspirations Paint blog.  I'm posting a project that my loyal followers may have seen before, but it hasn't been on the CIP blog before.
We spent yesterday noon having Thanksgiving dinner with my father at the assisted living facility where he lives. My father was a carpenter by trade and spent many hours taking care of his yard when he wasn't working.  His yard became even more important to him after he retired.  I wanted to make him a little something to have on the table that he could share with his table mates and friends. With that in mind, I found what I thought would be the perfect Thanksgiving table décor:
 
 
I had this idea for a wheelbarrow, but couldn't find exactly what I wanted, so Regina from The Cutting Café designed this for me so I could have it for today.  My own personal cutting file! I was so excited!  It is a wheelbarrow treat box.  You'll see it better as we go along.  The sentiment is a Joy's Life stamp.  It is from the "It's All Fall Puns" stamp set. Now, for a view of the other side:
 
 
I used the same Joy's Life stamp set, "It's All Fall Puns" on this side of the wheelbarrow, too. The designer papers are Echo Park 6x6 Reflections Fall.  The base is Close To My Heart Kraft cardstock. The leaves are CTMH Colonial White cardstock.   They are a Tim Holtz die.  I painted them with Creative Inspirations Paint to give them those beautiful Fall colors and shine. I used a variety of different Creative Inspirations Paints on the leaves -- Burnt Clay (on sale), Autumn Wheat, Sunshine, and Pumpkin (on sale).
 
Here's a little peek into the box...
 
And, one more view, showing you how big the box is:
 
 
My father had plenty of candy to munch on all Thanksgiving afternoon!
I hope you enjoyed one more Thanksgiving project before we rush headlong into Christmas.  Hang on tight, it'll be a whirlwind month!



 

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely idea to make a table decoration for your Dad and his tablemates. My Dad is also in a adult residential home. I had never thought of doing something like this!!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet, Julie! What a fun little treasure for your dad. I hope your Thanksgiving was just wonderful my friend. So thankful for you and your friendship…have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete