Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Happy Holidays, Happy Day!

Happy Hump Day, everyone! I've been looking forward to this day for a long time! Beckie, of Just B Creative Crazy, owner of the wonderful online store, Sparkly Sweet Craft Notions, has asked me to be a guest designer for her blog. Woohoo!  I am super excited and very honored to be chosen.  She sent me some wonderful supplies to work with and I'm having FUN!  You'll see my creations today, and the next 2 Wednesdays.
For my first project, I immediately fell in love with the 1.5" striped grosgrain ribbon. It spoke of Christmas to me, so I went with a Christmas themed project.
 
 
I made this wall hanging using one of the sweet coasters from the Sparkly Sweet Craft Notions store as my base. I covered it with some designer paper from Close To My Heart, then sanded the edges.  The adorable bird image is a Unity Stamp set, "Birdies, Hugs, and Mistletoe".  I colored it with Copic markers and used some Crystal Stickles on the hat rim and pom poms, plus a little Christmas Red on the bow of the present.  The sentiment is a Close To My Heart stamp, stamped with StazOn ink on to a wood flag piece from Unity Stamp Company.
Right now, I have this piece hanging on a wall between our kitchen and laundry room.  I plan to give it to my in-laws for Christmas, but it sure does look cute where it is.  Hmmm.  Do I have time to make another one?


5 comments:

  1. So cute, Julie! Love that sparkle on the birdie hats!! Such a cute gift…need my address?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey friend! this is really cute... I bet it adds a lot of festive to the room you hung it in :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable! I love the little wooden banner...and especially love the stamp (and sparkles in the hat!) What a cute little decoration this is for the season.

    ReplyDelete