Monday, November 11, 2013

A Veteran's Day Thank You -- for Joy's Life

Today is Veteran's Day, and it's a big day at the nursing home. There are many Veterans where I work.  Fewer and fewer of them are WWII veterans, but there still are quite a few.  They are a generation where defending their country didn't feel like a choice to them, it felt like a duty.  Saying thanks seems like the least we can do for our veterans.  They have given so much for our freedom.
My father is a veteran, and will be at the Veteran's Day Program at the nursing home today.  Sometime during the day, I'm going to slip him this little treat box, just so he knows I love him, and I'm thankful for him.
 
 
I put some of his favorite chocolates in the box.  He'll be happy!
I used the Joy's Life stamp set, "It's All Fall Puns" on the sentiment.
I cut this box out on my Silhouette.  I found the file in the Silhouette Online Store.  Here's another view of the box.
 
 
Here's a link to the cutting file, if you're interested.  The designer paper is My Mind's Eye, American Made 12x12.  The ribbon is from Really Reasonable Ribbon.
I promised to pick a winner today for the blog candy from the "On the Table" blog hop. Random.org chose #7, Jessica.  Her comment was:
awesome job Julie!!!!!
Love the fall colors and thanks for sharing the recipe :)
Have a GREAT weekend
Congrats, Jess!  Send me you address so I can send you your winnings!
Don't forget to thank a Veteran today -- and everyday.


8 comments:

  1. Beautiful box Julie! Love the pretty colors and great ribbon!!!
    Thanks for sharing and yippeeeeeee to me!!! Super excited! Thanks!!!!
    I will send you my stuff :)
    Thanks again and have a GREAT Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful Julie! Such a special way to celebrate Veteran's Day with your father!
    blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful box. Love the papers. You father will love it. Congrats Jessica,
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete

  4. Cute box Julie!! I like edges of your box. AJ-

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous box..........awesome way to spend the day....hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a fantastic box, julie! cute edging and patriotic colors. thanks for caring so much about the people at your work. thank you to your Veteran father and for his sacrifices. my dad was a Veteran, my husband is and both of my sons are also, this is a very special day for sure! xo

    ReplyDelete