Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Give Thanks 4 Fall!

H-U-M-P Day! We can see the weekend from here! Greetings, my blog friends. I'm posting for 3 Girl JAM, filling in on an empty day.
If you are a regular to my blog, you've seen this banner before.  But, it's filled with 3 Girl JAM goodness, so it bears repeating.
I have a Fall-themed banner to share with you today.  It has quite a few pictures, so sit back and relax...
  
 
There's a lot to see on this banner, so I have pictures of the individual panels.  I'll tell you more of how I made it as I go along, too.
First, a close up of the top square of the banner.  Each of these 4x4 decorative squares is from a mini album that I took apart.  Close To My Heart used to make them.  They were called a Mix & Mingle album.  I love them for banners because some of the panels are acrylic and some are chipboard -- perfect for something like this!
 
 
I used a stamp from the Joy's Life stamp set "It's All Fall Puns" on the first panel, the "Give Thanks" sentiment.  The #4 and all the letters were cut out on my Cricut, using the Cricut Classic font cartridge.  The designer papers are from the Jillibean Soup Apple Cheddar Soup 6x6 paper pad. The white and cocoa cardstock are from Close To My Heart.
 
 
 
I used various Spellbinder dies to cut the shapes throughout the banner.  Here, you can see an acorn cut from a Tim Holtz die, painted with Creative Inspirations paint.  The leaves are from a cutting file from The Cutting Café using American Crafts Autumn cardstock.  The twine is from Trendy Twine, and can you see that jute string on all 4 corners?  That's the new jute string found in the 3 Girl JAM store.  It worked perfectly on this banner because of the wonderful Fall colors.  I used the Jute ribbon found in the 3 Girl JAM store at the top of the banner.
 
 
the "a" is decorated with more leaves from the Tim Holtz die. They've all been painted with various Creative Inspirations paints. You can see more of the gorgeous 3 Girl JAM jute string that I used on each corner of the panels in these photos, also.
 
 
On this first "l", you can see another of the acrylic pieces that I used. There's some more Trendy Twine here, too, along with leaves cut from The Cutting Cafe's file and the Tim Holtz die.
 
 
This final "l" gives you a good look at the pretty jute string from 3 Girl JAM.
At the bottom of my banner, I used another Joy's Life stamp, from the same stamp set -- It's All Fall Puns.
 
 
That cute squirrel is cut from a die. The Spellbinder ones were perfect for this project, as was this squirrel die from Cottage Cutz. I cut the squirrel out on white cardstock, but used TH distress inks to ink him up.  The eye was made with a Viva Décor Pearl pen.
I have one more view of the whole banner for you, since it was a few pictures back when you saw the whole thing.
 
 
Phew! That was a lot of pictures and description! Thanks for sticking with me!  I hope you enjoyed my banner.  Now, go do some shopping of your own for that new jute ribbon and string.  It's on sale, and it's PERFECT for Fall!  While you're there, pick up some other goodies, too -- you deserve it!

2 comments: