Thursday, November 21, 2013

I'm Talking Turkey!

Oh my, Thanksgiving is one week from today! Are you ready? The Cutting Cafe design team is in full Thanksgiving mode today, posting projects with a thankful theme.  Well, nothing says Thanksgiving like turkey!
 
 
This super fun cutting file can be found here in the Cutting Café store.  This turkey shaped card is BIG.  His wing span is about 6 1/2 inches.  But don't worry -- he also comes with a matching envelope cutting file!
I used Kraft card stock for the base of this card, then a layer of Close To My Heart Chocolate card stock, then layered on Little Yellow Bicycle Acorn Hollow 6x6 papers.  The "give Thanks" sentiment is a Joy's Life stamp -- from the "It's All Fall Puns" set.  You can find it in the Joy's Life Store here.  I used two Viva Décor pearl pens for the finishing touches on this turkey -- an anthracite pearl pen on the eyes, and a white pearl pen on the body and feathers.
I'm getting very close to 300 followers.  If I get that number this week, I'll have a drawing using this post. I've been buying goodies and saving them for quite awhile, hoping to hit the 300 follower mark. If you don't already follow my blog, I'd love it if you do.  Then, leave a comment on this post.  To increase your chances to win, comment on the other posts this week.
Check out The Cutting Café blog in the next day or two to see the wonderful projects from the rest of the design team. Leave a comment on the blog and you could win 3 free sets of your choice. How fun is THAT? 

7 comments:

  1. He is too cute, Julie!! Craft is one of my most used and favorite papers. I really like the font on that sentiment too! Gobble, gobble my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super duper CUTE!!
    I just LOVE that Turkey and the sentiment is adorable!
    Awesome job Julie!
    Thanks for sharing and thanks for my super fun package! It came today.....you are too kind :)
    Have a GREAT night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my word, this turkey is turkeylicious..............

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cute! Love your choice of papers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun shaped card! TFS joy4umetoo at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really fun card!!! Love that bright chevron pattern paper you used for his pilgrim hat!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete