Friday, December 27, 2013

I did it! 52 Weeks of FWF!

Last January, I made the new year's resolution to link up to Unity's Friends With Flair each week.  Well, 52 weeks later, I'm proud to say, I did it!
I have a few cards to share with you this week.  A couple were on my blog earlier this week, but haven't seen much traffic and they have great Unity stamps, so I'm showing them again, and I made a card today for the Unity "Be Inspired" Challenge.  I'll show you my challenge card first.

I used the card sketch, turned it sideways, and took a little artistic license with it to come up with this:
 
 
I used papers that I got for 99 cents from Unity Stamp Company.  The stamp is a Unity/Stephanie Ackerman co-brand called "Small Things/Great Love".  It is my New Year's advice to you, and a great motto to live by every day of the year! There's also some UmWow Studio chipboard that I embossed with Creative Inspirations Paint Deliquesce Fine Black embossing powder on this card. There's a little paper piecing on the heart.
 
Next, an anniversary card I made a couple weeks ago for my husband:
 
 
On the inside I wrote, "through snow or sleet, our love is complete."  How sappy is that? This card uses the Unity Itty Bitty stamp, Rain or Shine. There's some 3 Girl JAM crinkle ribbon and a 3 Girl JAM Real Life Flair button on this card, too.
 
And, a couple of New Year's cards for you. I made this one for this week's Cutting Café post, but it uses a Unity Fashionista, so I'm sharing it again here:
 
 
This is Anastasia, and she is ready for a party! 



The wine glass cutting file can be found HERE.  It is from The Cutting Café.
 

 
The sentiment is from the Unity Sassy Pants set.
 
I have one more card to leave you with.  No Unity Stamps here, but it's a great card to send you off with:
 
I used more UmWow chipboard, embossed with Creative Inspirations Paint Deliquesce Super Sparkle Gold.  The card is a cutting file from the Silhouette Online Store.  I painted some Gold Creative Inspirations Paint behind the sentiment.
My New Year's resolution for 2014?  I want to get more involved in the Unity FB Show & Tell Group.  I've been missing the fun! And, my more serious New Year's resolution?  I'd like to see if I can go all year without buying any new scrapbook paper.  I HAVE to use up my stash!  This'll be a tough one!!!
 
Happy New Year, everyone!
 








23 comments:

  1. YAY! congrats Julie :D I'm not sure if I hit 52 weeks but hey.. we all had fun :)
    Pretty cards. My fav has to be the Fashionista card. So glittery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such fun cards Julie! Awesome job completing all the weeks!!!!!
    Have a GREAT Friday and weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, Julie O! You are remarkable lady…52 weeks is a wonderful accomplishment, KUDOS to you! I love your challenge card…so rustic and beautiful! You're a motivational inspiration to the crafter's world lady! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quite a goal, yeah! For you. Super cute cards hope you had a merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your cards Julie especially that challenge card, and the Fashionista card, and you get the idea. Happy 2014 New Year to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful cards and so impressed that you did all 52! Wow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all your cards! Good luck on the paper resolution-I failed this year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yippee!! Congrats, Julie, on making 52 times with FWF! And here's to hoping to see many more awesome things from you! you are moving on up there girlfriend!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Way to go, Julie! I'm glad I didn't make my FWF hope an official resolution, since I failed miserably. :D Fabulous cards today! I especially love the alcohol-inked background for your Fashionista card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job, on your commitment and your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice! 52 weeks in a row! Love it. Great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on the 52 weeks! All the cards are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful round up of cards! congrats on reaching the goal! have a fabulous new year :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my, you've been busy. Wonderful creations once again. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great accomplishment....52 weeks!!! All your creations are wonderful. You have been busy :o)
    Happy wonderful 2014!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great cards, Julie! I think my favorite is the first one - the UWS chipboard looks really cool with the embossing, I'm going to have to try that! Congratulations on achieving your goal of posting all 52 weeks - I'm going to try that for 2014. Thanks - as always - for your inspiration and fabulous projects! Happy New Year, my scrappy friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW, YOU ROCK GIRLIE......and you have been busy.....hugs

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful cards! So jealous you've had time to play! I think I am going into Unity withdrawal! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow. Amazing. All 52 weeks. That's really an accomplishment. And love your projects this week!

    ReplyDelete
  20. All 52 weeks!! That's amazing! And I LOVE your cards! Especially the colors on the fashionista ones!! Gorgeous!! You may have inspired me to get inky today!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sweet, sweet, sweet! Great job on all of them! Congrats~such a great accomplishment for you!

    ReplyDelete