Tuesday, December 17, 2013

May your Holidays be Filled with Laughter, Love & Joy -- for Creative Inspirations Paint

Happy holidays, my creative friends! I'm posting today on the Creative Inspirations Paint blog.  I love it when I have an excuse to play with my artsy supplies!  This time, I did some die cutting, stamping, and of course, painting.
I started out cutting out a bunch of poinsettia-like looking flowers with my Big Shot, using watercolor paper.  Here's what they looked like:
 
 
Some of them had a stamp set to match, so I stamped them before I die cut them.  It's easier to line everything up that way. Then, I started painting them, using colors that would make them look like a poinsettia.  Here's what they looked like painted:
 
 
I used Garnet (one of December's sale colors!), Evergreen (also on sale at 33% off!), and Green Olive.


 
Then, it was time to put it all together.  Here's what I created with these flowers:
 
 
This 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 inch card was made for the friend who gave me those two beautiful stick pins.  She made me a whole bunch of beautiful beaded stick pins just like these two.  I thought the least I could do was return the favor with a card.
When assembling this card, I used the rule of threes, using 3 poinsettias clusters, 3 leaves, and even 3 red rhinestones.
Here's a close up of the poinsettias and beaded stick pins...
 
 
Supplies used on this project (other than those already listed)
 
Unity Stamp Company "Everything Christmas" Stamp Set
Unity Stamp Company -- Wood Veneer Tags
Heartfelt Creations -- Sun Kissed Fleur Die
Heartfelt Creations -- Striped Sun Kissed Fleur Precut Set
Spellbinders doily
My Mind's Eye
Thanks for visiting today! May your holidays truly be filled with laughter, love & joy!
 
 
 

 
 


6 comments:

  1. wow--------WOW!!! Beautiful Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is festive and pretty! Love the stick pins!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this, Julie!!! That wooden tag and the pins are just gorgeous. Great job on those flowers, how fun are those?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie the card is so gorgeous. Wish everyone could see it irl!!! Thank you so much!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a very pretty Christmas card! I really like the way you've used the poinsettia images on your holiday card Julie, as well as non-traditional colours. The beaded pins are really beautiful and match perfectly with everything else. I also like the way you've done the sentiment.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete