Saturday, December 7, 2013

Silhouette Challenges -- Challenge # 8: "3D"

If you're looking for the 3 Girl JAM Holiday Hop, please click HERE!

It's time 
for another Challenge here at Silhouette Challenges


A blog dedicated to the Silhouette Cutting Machine.
You MUST use a Silhouette somehow in your project.

Ch# 8 3D
Begins: Sunday, December 1
Ends: Saturday, December 31
Sponsors this month are:


My Scrap Chick
Prize: $10.00 GC


My Crafting Channel
Prize: $15.00 Amazon GC


Little Scraps of Heaven Designs
$15..00 GC




My father-in-law's birthday is today.  He is a tea drinker, so I wanted to make him a gift that reflected that.  We got him a gift certificate to the local book store, and I made this to put it in...
 
 
I found this teapot gift box file in the Silhouette online store. I used Sarita papers from Close To My Heart, and cut it out on my Cameo.  My in-laws collect art from the Southwest US, and this paper reminded me of some of the art they collect.
Here's another view of a slightly different angle:
 
 
I made him a card to match the theme.  Here it is:
 
 
This teapot shaped card is a cutting file from The Cutting Café. Ribbons on both projects are from 3 Girl JAM. The sentiment is from Unity Stamp Co., and is mounted on a piece of wood veneer, also from Unity.
How's that for a coordinated pair of gifts?
I hope you like my inspiration for the 3D challenge.  Now, go check out what the others made, and make your own 3D creation!
 



 

7 comments:

  1. Too cute Julie!! Very nice!
    Have a great day,
    Alice B. Silhouette Challenges dt member

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome!!!! Perfect card for a perfect gift! Yep, I agree, the colors are perfect...remind me of the Aztec designs...very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GREAT colors on this gift, Julie…perfect for your tea sipping father in law. My son is a big tea drinker, he'd love a gift like this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great! I love the papers too. He's going to love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job! Love the teapot and the card. I'm sure your father in law loved it to :)

    ReplyDelete