Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Let It Snow! for Creative Inspirations Paint

Hello, blog friends.  I'm posting today on the Creative Inspirations Paint blog.  I have a small home décor piece to share with you today.
It started as a piece of 2x4 wood.  I had a friend cut a bunch of 2x4 scraps for me.  This particular piece of wood measures 2x4x4. With a little paint, a couple stamps, and some fibers, this is what you can make:
 
 
I used acrylic paint on the base, mixing turquoise with a little black so it wasn't quite so stark.  Then, I stamped the snowman and sentiment onto the wood.  They are a Unity/Susan K. Weckesser set called "One of a Kind Winter".  I painted the snowman with Creative Inspiration Paint, using Winter Frost (one of the sale colors for December), Garnet (on sale in December at 33% off), Royal Purple and Orange. 
 
 
I wrapped some white fibers around the top of the wood, removed the legs of a snowflake brad, attached it to the fibers with a glue dot, and my home décor project is done!
 
I hope you like today's re-do of a wood block.  These paints are so versatile, you can make almost anything you can imagine.




15 comments:

  1. What a cute home decor piece! Adorable snowman, and great job on painting him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW this is one fabulous home decor piece. Sure would look pretty on anyones mantel.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. For snowy's sake this is adorable, Julie! Love that aqua background color with the snowman…so sweet! Great job my friend!

    ReplyDelete

  4. Wow great project love the paint colors you used. Have a great day
    DIANA L.
    dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is really neat! What a fun project.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this, Julie! What a cute idea and so simple to make. Might have to give this a try! Now I'm sorry we burned so many scraps after building the cabin this summer! Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh the paint is yummy! :D love the snowman

    ReplyDelete
  8. This little snowman looks great in your artwork. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this piece - the snowman is adorable. Great tip about adding some black to the turquoise to tone it down, too..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely adorable! I love your little snowman block!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You again? LOL! I think toning down the blue, was an excellent choice. The snowman is simply adorable on this 3D!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The snowman block looks great! Wow, you sure do make painting look fun!

    ReplyDelete