Wednesday, December 18, 2013

It's All About Ornaments for The Cutting Cafe

One week until Christmas, crafty friends! Our design team assignment this week for The Cutting Café is to use any one of a variety of files, all of them ornament related.  I've actually sent all my Christmas cards several weeks ago, and hand delivered quite a few more, so I wanted to make something OTHER than a card.  I decided to make something that would help make our living room look more festive. Using the Christmas Ornament Fun cutting files from The Cutting Café, I created this:
 
 
This 3D ornament is one of the nesting ornaments that comes with the Christmas Ornament Fun set.  I used the one that was just slightly smaller than 6 inches, so I could use 6x6 papers for the ornament.  I used 4 different papers (My Mind's Eye This & That Christmas -- both 6x6 and 12x12), cutting the shape out four times, creasing them with a bone folder down the middle, and gluing one side together.  I then cut the same shape one size larger and mounted the 3D ornament to it.  I cut an 8x10 piece of chipboard, mounted an 8x10 piece of patterned paper to it, glued down my ornament, added a charm and a bow (made from Ribbon Candy Ribbon from 3 Girl JAM), put it in an 8x10 frame, and my artwork was done!
Thanks for visiting today! Happy holidays!


5 comments:

  1. this is beautiful Julie.......love the background paper you used to....awesome project...hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty I love those colors and the ornament is great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great ornament, Julie! You are so organized {cards already mailed and delivered!?!} Hope your holidays are fabulous my friend. Warm hugs from North Carolina!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie. Your framed ornament is beautiful! Enjoy your second term with The Cutting Cafe. I will continue to check in and see everyone's projects! Hopefully, I'll be back in the spring.

    ReplyDelete