Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Dahlia Hello -- A Stencil Challenge at The Outlawz

I have a confession to make.  I've never been crazy about using stencils.  That all changed.  I had a play with a layering stencil and it was SO.MUCH.FUN!  

The Outlawz has a monthly Crash Your Stash Challenge, and this month the theme is "Use a Stencil".  That's what made me decide to break out this particularly set of stencils.   I am now hooked -- at least on these layering stencils I recently purchased.  Take a look and tell me what you think:


I created this with a Crafter's Companion Dahlia Delight layering Stencil.  I'm sorry, I couldn't find it on their website to link it.  It comes with 3 5x7 stencils.  They are numbered so you know which order to use them with.  The "Hello" is a die, also from Crafter's Companion. I felt it was small enough so it wouldn't take up too much space on that pretty dahlia.  I used inks that I thought would blend well together -- all from Close To My Heart, and sponge daubers.  I used some low tack tape to hold each stencil layer in place so it wouldn't shift while I was working on it.  I had a lot of fun making this card for any occasion.  

I'd like to enter this in the following challenges:
Creations in Pink -- ATG in mainly pink
D.L. Art -- February Linky Party
TTCRD -- ATG

1 comment: