Monday, March 16, 2015

Easter Memories

I have today off, and I spent some time creating this card.  I made it for 2 reasons: 1) this image takes me right back to childhood and my first pet, Sniffer, and 2) I'm applying for The Paper Shelter's design team and wanted to use one of their images when I apply.  What better image than this one that brings back such fond memories!
On with it!  Let's see the card!

This is Peaceful Easter from The Paper Shelter.  If you are unfamiliar with The Paper Shelter and their products, every image purchased comes with a black and white version of the digital stamp (in PNG and JPG), a colored version, a matching paper, and a composition.  How great is that?!?  I have purchased and used their pre-colored images when I'm in a hurry, along with the digi paper, and they are wonderful.
I colored Peaceful Easter with Copic markers, using the colors of Sniffer (white with pink nose and ears), and using the color of my hair in childhood.  However, my hair was never that neat!
I made this card in my typical style to show The Paper Shelter.  As always, the image takes front and center.  I used several Spellbinders dies on this, and a Prima Marketing doily die.  Designer papers, shimmer trim, and card stock are from Close To My Heart. The tie dye crinkle ribbon is from 3 Girl JAM.  The stickpin was made for me by a friend.  You have to love friends!  Speaking of friends, "Julie's 3rd Blogoversary Blog Hop" is fast approaching.  It's March 20-22.  I've gathered friends and many sponsors for a fun hop.  I hope you can join us.  The fun starts here!
The Paper Shelter wanted our email addresses.  Mine is somewhere on my blog, but it's quite obscure.  To make it easier for TPS to find me, here it is:   julieodil at charter dot net.  Thanks so much for checking out my blog!
I'd like to enter this in the following challenges:
D.L. Art - March Linky party -- ATG
D.L. Art - Thankful Thursday -- ATG
Word Art Wednesday -- ATG
Through the Craft Room Door -- ATG
Digi Galore Challenges -- it's all about Her
Send a Smile 4 Kids -- Easter/Spring cards for kids
Creatalicious Challenges -- ATG

10 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous card Julie that image is a beauty the papers and design look fantastic, good luck with the DT call.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Julie, I love the little story with the reason behind the image, thanks for playing along at the Paper Shelter Girlie challenge, good luck with the challenge and DT call, hugs, Colette xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh your coloring is fabulous. Love what you did with this precious image. So very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely card thanks for sharing with creatalicious Rachel dt

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful coloring !! Funny that you use one of the latest TPS motives !! Your work is amazing !!

    Thank you for participating in The Paper Shelter Challenge this week!
    Good luck!
    Hug Lena

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute card... thanks for using one of our very own stamps.... Thank you for joining us for our "Girly" challenge at The Paper Shelter... xo Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet card Julie! Love that image ... I had a rabbit myself when I was little. Good memories. Thanks for sharing this with us at Through The Craft Room Door. Please come play along with us again!
    Cara

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely card thanks for sharing with creatalicious Rachel dt

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have done a wonderful job coloring this fabulous image. Your details make this card over the top! Thank you for joining us at THE PAPER SHELTER. Good luck and please join us again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely card!
    Thank you soo much for taking part in our "Anything Goes” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
    Hope to see you again in our next challenge as well…

    Hugs,
    Melanie
    (DT Penny's Paper Crafty Challenges)
    (DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)
    (DT Come and Get It)
    (GDT Kreativzeit Challenges)

    ReplyDelete