Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Lip Balm Owl Card -- for SDS

I'm very late jumping on the band wagon with EOS Lip Balms.  I've been stuck in a rut with my usual favorites, but Snapdragon Snippets recently released a couple cute files using these lip balms, so I decided to buy a couple and try them.  What have I been missing?  I've been snatching up various colors and have plans for all kinds of gifts.  Here's an owl card I made for a friend's birthday. She's a bit of an owl fanatic:
The file is found in the Snapdragon Snippets Store.  It's the Lip Balm Owl.  There are several cute owl lip balm holders, and other great lip balm holders to check out, too.  I sized this to fit on a 
5 x 6 1/2 inch card base.  Somehow, the owl just needed to have googly eyes.  
Papers for this card have been in my stash for a long time.  They are old My Mind's Eye papers, I think.  The tie dye crinkle ribbon is from 3 Girl JAM
These lip balm holders are so fun!  They make great gifts, and now that I've tried the EOS lip balms, I wonder why I've waited so long. Great stuff!

6 comments:

  1. I've seen a few projects for use with lip balm lately! NOT an owl though! I love THIS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute card. Love the color/design choice. Fun way to gift EOS. And I too just bought my first EOS for my balmy trip to MX. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute card! Great choice of colors on the owl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The googly eyes are just TOO cute!! Super fun project!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Millie
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute. I created their chick and bunny today and will post on my blog in a few days. Thanks for posting this or I don't think I would have found the bunny and chick.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute. I created their chick and bunny today and will post on my blog in a few days. Thanks for posting this or I don't think I would have found the bunny and chick.

    ReplyDelete