Friday, March 13, 2015

Paper Hugs -- for Crafty Sentiments

It's Friday, and I have a tutorial today for Crafty Sentiments Inspirations Blog, where I'm on my 6-month guest designer stint.  Whoop! Whoop!  I have a step-by-step tutorial for an accordion card today.
Here's the finished card:

I used Crafty Sentiments rubber stamp, "Bundle of Hearts", featuring Benson Bear on this accordion card.
Here's how I created it (all measurements are standard, not metric):
Start with a piece of 5 1/2 x 11 inch card stock.  Score it at 1 1/2 inches, 3 inches, 5 1/2 inches, and 8 inches.

Choose your papers.  Cut them at 5 1/4 x 1 3/8 inches, 5 1/4 x 2 1/4 inches, and 5 1/4 x 2 1/4 inches, and 5 1/4 x 2 3/4 inches. 
Adhere in place.
Using a bone folder, score at the score lines made in the previous step.

Color your image, (I used Copic markers) and fussy cut around the circle.
Then, simply attach the circle to the front panel of the accordion card, using tape on only 1/2 the image.
The last step is the Belly Band.  You need a piece of card stock that is 7 inches by 1 1/2 inches.  Score it at 1 1/2 & 4 1/2 inches. You can leave it like this or stamp a sentiment.  I chose to decorate mine a bit by using an edger punch on it, and stamping a sentiment.
Here's the finished card one more time:

Papers on this card are from Close To My Heart.
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and give it a try -- it's tons of fun!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome folds, Julie! I've not seen this design, before. You are always teaching me something new! I really "need" that sentiment too! Very cute.

    ReplyDelete