Sunday, October 7, 2012

Unity texture,blog hop and RRR pink challenges

Yesterday was World Card Making Day.  I was at a dog walk and traveling so I missed my chance to scrap, but had a great time with friends -- both 2-legged and 4-legged.  I did make a couple cards before I left on Friday that I'm entering into a couple challenges.  The cards are very similar, but with some subtle differences.

 I used Echo Park papers for the base of the card (it was a grab bag from CropChocolate.com so I don't know which line) and EP For the Record 2 for the squares.  The pink ribbon is from Really Reasonable Ribbon's monthly club.  The sentiment is a Unity stamp. I also used a 2 inch scallop paper punch. I ran ivory colored cardstock through my Big Shot using a script embossing folder, then inked it afterwards with Tim Holtz distress ink.

 Every card maker needs an inspector.  I set both cards on the floor while I got organized to take pictures.  Sammy very carefully arranged himself so he didn't disturb this card.  He gave it a good sniff test, declared it "good enough", then watched for squirrels out the window.
 Further inspection -- another view of Sammy at work.
And here's the second card.  As I said, they look very similar.  The sentiment is different, the squares are reversed, and on this card, I inked the embossing folder before I ran it through the Big Shot, then also inked the script after.

I am entering one of these cards in 3 different cropchocolate.com blog hop challenges -- Amber's sketch challenge, Brenna's tactile challenge, and Jenni's punch and stamp challenge.  I'm also entering it in Thienly's challenge for Unity's WCMD events, and Really Reasonable Ribbon's pink challenge.

4 comments:

  1. Those are really nice, and I love what you did with the script embossing folder. What company is that one from? Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Julie, I got your message. Thanks so very much. I can't seem to find your email so here is mine. ma54k@comcast.net Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty cards! I love the picture of Sammy with the card! Dogs are so nosy-literally! My daughter's husky always has to sniff any bag I bring in the house. And when I do something crafty on the floor, she has to be right by me :)

    ReplyDelete