Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Shake those Mittens! for The Cutting Cafe

It's c-c-c-cold here in Wisconsin!  -20 degrees this morning!  One must bundle up in scarves, hats, warm coats, and of course, mittens!  I've grown to love shaker cards.  The Cutting Cafe has many different options.  This one, from The Christmas Shaped Shaker Set, seems to fit our Wisconsin weather perfectly!


I used vellum on this card, thinking it looked a bit like snow.  I filled the shaker with sequins from Bella Creationz
The papers for this Mitten Shaped Shaker card are from Close To My Heart -- The Snowhaven Collection.  The snowflakes are dies from Lawn Fawn. The ribbon is from Really Reasonable Ribbon.
Check out The Cutting Cafe blog tomorrow, Jan. 7, to see the incredible inspiration from this talented team.  You won't be disappointed!  And, if you leave a comment on the blog, you could win a chance at 3 sets of your own! How fun is THAT?
Stay warm, my friends, stay warm!
I'd like to enter this in the following challenges:
Paper Minutes -- Snowflakes
CDB#21 Craft-Dee Bowz -- Anything Goes with a Homemade Bow
D.L. Art -- Jan. Linky Party

13 comments:

  1. BRRRR!!! I hope that adorable shaker mitten warms you up. I thought we were cold when it got to 33-- I can' t say anything after seeing -20 -- you stay warm and healthy. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, your shaker mitten is fabulous! I just love the fun sequins and snowflakes! Super cute project!
    Stay warm~it is COLD here in Minnesota to;( I think this morning we were at -18. Tomorrow suppose to even colder, yikes!!! I think I will be staying inside!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh...another wonderful shape card AND a shaker to boot. So warm and SO cute. That sparkly ribbon is great too. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the papers you used here!!! So fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my word julie this is the cutest shaker ever...love it

    ReplyDelete
  6. adorable!! It´s so nice!!

    Hugs, Heike

    ReplyDelete
  7. Julie, this is fabulous! So original and creative! Love this shaker mitten card. Thanks for joining the Craft-Dee BowZ January challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card! I need to try one of these. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great shaker card. Well done. Crafting helps keep your mind off the cold. Well Done. Thanks for sharing with us at Pins Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh man! That's cold! So far this winter the coldest I've seen is -2 here...it's been a pretty warm winter actually. I love this mitten shaker! The colors are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous mitten shaker! Thanks for sharing it at {PIN}spirational Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous!! Thanks so much for participating in our {PIN}SPIRATIONAL challenge!! Look forward to seeing you in our next challenge!
    ~DEANNE~
    A Little Bit O' Paper

    ReplyDelete