Tuesday, February 3, 2015

A Valentine Rose -- for IDCB

It's Wednesday, and time for a new challenge at Inspiration Destination Challenge Blog (IDCB). One of our sponsors this week is Doodle Pantry.  I love their images, papers, and sense of humor!  However, I went serious with this one. 

This Doodle Pantry image is called "Rose Bloom". I comes in an uncolored and percolated version.  I chose the uncolored, then colored it with Copic markers, trying out some new, for me, shades of greens and pinks.
The sentiment is a stamps from Simon Says Stamp.
I used Lawn Fawn stitched dies on this, and papers by Piggy Tales -- Hickory Dickory Dock, 12x12.  The ribbon is from the same collection.  The bling is from My Mind's Eye. The card base is Pixie card stock from Close To My Heart
Join us this week at IDCB, where it's always "anything goes"!
I'd like to enter this in the following challenges:
Polkadoodles -- Flower Power
D.L. Art -- Valentine's Day
D.L. Art - Feb. Linky Party 
AUD Sentiment -- Valentine
Simon Says Stamp Wed. Challenge -- All Things Bright and Beautiful

13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous and beautiful card Julie love the image and those dies you have used
    Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card Julie. The image is stunning and I do love the CAS design too. I sure wish I had sewing ability too...when I see the stitching around your card. Lovely indeed.

    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely how you coloured the roses. I like the papers you used.
    xxx Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty enamel accents and shimmery sheer bow to go with those lovely roses. Very nice Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the coloring and use of ribbons! Well done, Julie! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “All Things Bright and Beautiful” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julie, this is a very pretty card, I love the papers, coloring, ribbon, bling, and everything about it! Thank you for joining us in the Through The Craft Room Door challenge this week.

    Hugz,
    Linda O, DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card and love the roses. Thanks for joining us for our Flower Power Polkadoodles Challenge

    Karon DT, Polkadoodles

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card. Love the roses. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments
    Julie T

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty color choices and roses are lovely. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful card. Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautifully coloured and I love the layers. Thank you for taking time to join in with the fun over at polkadoodles http://polkadoodle.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/week-5-flower-power-polkadoodles-craft.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card, love the spring colours you've used. Thank you for joining in with our Flower Power challenge over at the Polka Doodles blog. Mel x

    ReplyDelete