Friday, February 7, 2014

How About This Box? for Silhouette Challenges

It's the time for another challenge over at

Ch# 10 Box Any Type
Begins: Saturday, February 1
Ends: Friday, February 28

A blog dedicated to the Silhouette Cutting Machines.
You MUST use a Silhouette somehow in your project.

Sponsor this month is:



Boxes! Boxes! Boxes!  I love making anything 3D.  The hardest part of this month's challenge was choosing which one to make.  I tried something new for me.  What do you think?



This is a file from SVG Attic, and the box is BIG! It used 2 12x12 pieces of paper, connected to an octagon base.  It'll hold a lot of Valentine chocolates for my special someone, let me tell you!
The cranberry cardstock is Close To My Heart.  The designer paper is American Crafts, "XOXO".
Here's a better view at the top of the box, how it makes a heart, and the hearts make a flower:






Hop on over and link up your project today.

7 comments:

  1. A women after my own heart lol I too love making all things 3d and had the same trouble choosing. I love this box, the flower effect on the top looks beautiful but that must be big with 2 sheets of 12x12.
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Julie I think it is fabulous. Love how the flower is on top after it is closed. I love 3D projects I think where paper crafting is concerned 3D is my favorite projects to make.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so behind the times on 3D creating, Julie. I am so intimidated, but you make it look so fun and easy. This is so CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty! I love the color scheme you picked. I'm always looking for boxes that can be cut bigger, so I'll have to check this one out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks Fabulous Julie! I enjoy 3D projects as well.... I just never seem to have enough time to make them! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute!! You did a wonderful job on your 3D project!!
    Hugs,
    Alice B.

    ReplyDelete