Saturday, January 16, 2016

Dogs Leave Pawprints In Our Hearts -- for Great Impressions

It's Saturday, and I'm posting for Great Impressions Stamps blog.  I poured my heart into today's piece of art.  My good friend recently lost her 15 year old Golden Retriever.  I've been wanting to come up with a remembrance piece to give her.  I wanted it to be sweet, but not too sad.  Here's it is:



I used Great Impressions rubber stamp Valentine Sparky (F600), and colored the stamped image with Copic markers.  The sentiment is a combination of computer generating and brads from Eyelet Outlet

The frame is a lot of layered pieces.  It is an SVG cutting file from My Scrap Chick. The designer paper is from Echo Park - Bark Collection.  Ribbon is 3 Girl JAM. Flowers are also Eyelet Outlet

My friend is getting her piece of artwork tomorrow.  I hope she likes it.  I sure enjoyed creating it for her!

I'd like to enter this in the following challenges:
Word Art Wednesday -- ATG
TTCRD -- ATG
IDCB -- ATG
PDE Linky Party -- ATG
D.L. Art -- January Linky party

6 comments:

  1. Your card is adorable and sweet. I am sure that she will love it. I love all the layers in your card with the cute image in the center. The patterned paper is very beautiful too. Thanks for sharing with us over Inspiration Destination.Good luck!!! Patricia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, this is such a thoughtful gift idea! I LOVE the way you highlighted the image--and your coloring is superb! Fabulous creation, friend! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie, this is adorable!! Love the flowers and bows and of course your puppy image! Thanks for sharing with us at TTCRD.
    Katrina
    ScrappyHorses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute!! Thanks for joining us at PDE Linky Party.
    I hope you’ll come link up again soon!
    Janis, Owner & DT Member
    Pause Dream Enjoy
    PDE Linky Party, Owner & DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! Love the layering! So glad you came Through ‘The Craft Room Door’ to play! Can't wait to see more of your talent!
    Hugs,
    Karen C

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, this is so cool! Love how you used the nesting dies to create such an layered frame! Briliant! We are so blessed you joined our Challenge weeks ago and would love for you to join our new Challenge still ongoing at Word Art Wednesday. Want to leave you with the inspiration of the Scripture in 1 Corinthians 2:9-10 which says, "But, as it is written, “What no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the heart of man imagined, what God has prepared for those who love him”— these things God has revealed to us through the Spirit. For the Spirit searches everything, even the depths of God. " Have a lovely week.

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete