Monday, March 20, 2017

Today is Full of Possibilities -- for the Path of Positivity

Hello, happy Monday!  I hope you had a great weekend!  It's time for some mid-challenge inspiration over on the Path of Positivity Challenge blog. The optional theme this month is "Birth of New Beginnings", or use any positive theme you'd like. 
We have 2 guest sponsors this month:  Limited Runs and Kitten Scraps.  For the mid-month inspiration, I had the pleasure of designing with the Butterfly 6 digital stamp from Limited Runs.  I used it to create this:


I played around a bit with this butterfly, flipping it a couple times and re-sizing it.  Then, I sponged the background using the new Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks.  I think it gives it a watercolor feel, but it's done strictly with inks.   The background papers are from Close To My Heart, and the sentiment is, too.  I thought the sentiment tied in nicely with the New Beginnings theme.  A day full of possibilities is a day full of new beginnings.  Spring is full of new beginnings.  That's why I like butterflies so much.  They are a sign of new life for me. 

I hope you have a chance to link up with us at the Path of Positivity Challenge Blog.  Our sponsors are offering great prizes, it's a fun theme, and I'd love to see what you create!  You have until April 2.

3 comments:

  1. Julie, this is adorable. Love your color choice. Hope your blood counts are doing well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful, Julie! This background is beautiful with those butterflies and your backing papers are perfect! Hoping a great day for you! ~ Katrina

    ReplyDelete